wiring through the firewall

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cobia

Reaction score
Hi, I've got a 2012 ST-X v6 diesel and want to run a wire through the firewall, I'm having heaps of trouble finding a location to run it, does anyone have any idea's?
Thanks in advance
cheers Cobia101

mine run through a larger size rubber grommet above the accelerator pedal. i just poked some mig wire through it into the engine bay then pulled the wires through. doesnt hurt to run a couple of spares for later on

Thanks for the reply :), but there is no grommet above the accelerator pedal, I kid you not, there is nothing there to go through. Is yours a v6?

hey thanks for the photo, I just tried to get a wire through there but to no avail, I'll give it another go in the morning cheers

nah, 2.5. theres suppose to be another grommet on the passenger side that some ppl use, but i dont know where it is. havent even looked

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422611852.370387.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422611877.106927.jpg
I went through with one of the wiring harnesses. Just go a tad to the right of your cables. Used a coat hanger. Bit of a bitch to get in. I put a loop and the end of coat hanger then striped a cable and twised it around the loop.

Try to taper your way though and you will get a nice tight fit and be nicely water tight. It's a 2.5 too but yeah, follow your loom just don't hit existing cables.

What you running in?

And be carefull not to knock the Gromit out, I have done this and for the life of me I can't get it back in, I've spent hours trying with no luck.

Almost thinking to cut it off and fill the hole with fire rated sikaflex

I'm running an amp wire through, but I think while i'm at it, I'll run a couple of spares as Nuckin Futs recommended

G'day

I've got a V6, I went through from the engine bay. There is a large grommet with a big bunch of wires near the steering column. Use a wire coat hanger or similar, make sure you have plenty of spare length on the wires.
There are also grommets at the rear of the cab and under the seats.

Thanks heaps for the input, what I ended up doing was drilling a dedicated hole through the firewall, where the clutch pedal would have gone, ran the wires, ran a couple of spares and sealed it with black sicaflex. I figured it had to be easier, tidier and less stressfull.

Latest posts

Back