Worn or bad injectors i think ? QD32

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DDgone

Reaction score
Hi all, i suspect the injectors in my D22 1999 model QD32 NON TURBO, are bad.

Its been doing it a while now.

When driving, or taking off, it goes fine then when the engine revs more, it begins to misfire it does it a lot when you get up around 100KPH on flat roads or down hills, it never seems to miss going up hills.

Sometimes on start up, if you rev it and hold it, it will miss quite a lot.

Any ideas or help greatly appreciated

cheers mike

first thing I've learnt to check with the QD32 is the banjo bolt that attaches the fuel line to the injector pump, when I bought mine it was running like a pig.

I thought it could have been sooooo many different things and I tried a lot of remedies. I eventually could not waste any more time trying to fix it myself and took it to a diesel place who found the small fibre filter sitting up in the banjo bolt was totally cloged.

The thing was my brother and I both checked the bolt twice and could not find anything when we did before I put it in to get fixed, but sure enough they found it and, hey the QD32 has never run better, not one miss or stutter since.

It may have been sitting in the pump itself as we looked in the bolt for ages and even found the banjo bolt on my QD32 was a totally different length and width to photos of other people posting up theirs for when they had fixed the issue themselves, which after the 2nd time trying to find it we figured mine probably just didn't have the filter there which some don't.

So take a really good look in the bolt or the thread that the bolt goes into for a small gauze filter because the restricting flow stuff's it up a lot.

When the car misses does it blow a lot of whitish smoke as well?

nedm1989,

would you possibly be able to take a picture of where it is located? i cant seem to find it and have looked everywhere? thankyou so much if you could

Everyone online told me about it and we checked twice and could not see it, they kept saying to try and get a small metal wire and make a hook on one send and dig out the spring that holds the filter in and the filter which I did not try, but I maybe have been sitting in the pump for all I know.

I dropped the nav off to a diesel mob in Narellan who were freakin awesome Jc diesel, but when he called me to tell me what the issue was, he said it was that filter was so clogged not enough fuel could be delivered in the higher rev range past just over 2k rpm.

Back