Worrying issue with the nav.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CozaB

Reaction score
I've noticed for a little while now that the front right tyre seems to be sitting closer to the footwell/inner guard then on the left side. And yesterday after I fitted up my new Tyres I was proved correct unfortunately as now when you turn, even on flat ground the left side is fine but if you turn right the tyre rubs on the inner guard where the mudguard used to be. I tried to gauge it with a piece of wood and it's sitting about 10-15mm closer to the mud guard then the left side! I've looked underneath and can't see anything bent but I guess I wouldnt really know it if I seen it either. Any ideas on what I could check or do you guys think I might have to pay a panel beater to do a geometry test on the chassis? I haven't had it in an accident or even a hit on the front wheel large enough that I can remember that would do something like that.

Cheers,
Coza

Apart from serious issues the only thing that comes to mind is caster adjustment
Have a look at the rear adjuster bolts where the lower control arms bolt to the chassis. All D40 have concentric bolts at the rear so you will have those
This is the rears on mine
16122008105.jpg

Is the left and right dont look similar that could be somewhere to start looking
Will mean a wheel alignment is needed

Back