Worth spending money on?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobys

Reaction score
I have 2 x 2008 D22 twin cab 4x4's. They have been neglected a bit. I'm now told that they need about 5-6k spent on each. (Turbo,manifold hole, and couple other bits and pieces). They have only done about 120k each and are otherwise in good nick. My question is : should I spend the cash and keep them or just trade them on some new gear? Any thoughts will be appreciated. Thx Steve

If you can do the work yourself, buy the bits you need from http://www.nizzbits.com.au/ , try Forefront Industries for good priced turbos and then you should be able to do it at a decent price, then sell one and keep the other.

Run by a wreckers grab a wrote off and tear it down or just buy the bits you need. What you have mentioned so far would only be a day or two in work after you get the bits. 5-6k minus labour is only around 2k. Well that's what i would do.

Thanks rum pig and mofo, that's good info. Will look into that. One of them also needs a clutch and the mob that have pulled them down and gave me the new have quoted me 1450 fully installed for an after market HD unit. That sound reasonable I think?

Just had a new clutch fitted and it cost me 1700 so 1450 is a good price.

Who is telling you all this stuff is stuffed? It doesn't sound like it would be normal for all this to go wrong, so is someone pulling your leg for cash?

Who is telling you all this stuff is stuffed? It doesn't sound like it would be normal for all this to go wrong, so is someone pulling your leg for cash?
We have put both utes in at different shops, because they were running like pigs. You can hear the turbo noise, black smoke everywhere, and a pfft sound when revving them. Be lucky to get 100k down hill but on slight incline even when going down thru cogs 60 kph is common

Latest posts

Back