• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Navara Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB d40 factory headlight/fog light switch stalk

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now just add switch of choice , if using an illuminated switch it must have a set of discrete contacts with no lamp across it so using the switch shown earlier which I use for driving lights you would need a relay

ok, so im pretty sure thats the exact switch i got in my kit....
how do i wire this up correctly with a relay??

On the eBay switch listed in the description there is a diagram , if you use that diagram and instead of the lights and power substitute that for the wires to the stalk 30 & 87 as these are the relay contacts, if that makes sense

Last edited:
yep..... where would a good/easy place to take the 12v supply from? and a dash/switch light feed?

haven't hand the nav apart at all yet so dont know my way around it.

You can find all that on the radio harness.otherwise if you pull the kick panel front just near your accelerator peddle you can tap somthing in there.perm power and headlight circuit wont be too hard to locate.

As you are only switching a relay you could just use dash lights to feed both , if you mount the switch near headlight adjuster you could pick up the dash light circuit there

BIG THANKS TO MALICIOUS!

Nearly there,

the stalk has been modded, and now has a couple wires hanging out the back with a socket,
and have tested by just joining the wires, SUCCESS!!

and i have made a separate switch/relay/loom using the switched linked earlier,
but i have also changed the green illumination LEDs to orange to match the rest of the interior switch lighting (and changed the resistors to suit)

all ready to plug in and find a power feed will use the dash light feed to do this.

so have added factory spots for less than $25 to my D40, stoked!

Back