Yd25 Boost Controller and Gauges (Boost/EGT/Oil)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MR MPH

Reaction score
Hey guys and girls,
Just finished installing a TurboSmart Boost Controller and Gauges (Boost/EGT/Oil). Have hooked all gauges to a pillarpod and have turned the boost to 18/19psi. The performance gains are great. You can really notice how quickly the turbo spools. I have also installed a Steinbauer Module so I can imagine this has had some degree of input to the power increase. Truely a different car to drive!
Cheers, Matty.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 550
How much were you boost and egt gauges? And where from? Been looking at auto meter (for the white face to match the standard cluster) but can't bring myself to part with 300 for 1 egt gauge?

I went through Autobarn Gympie. I decided to buy it all in one hit and they were happy to help out price wise (just under $300 for EGT and $110 for Boost and Oil) I know it sucks $$$ wise, but the EGT was the main reason I pucharsed all the gauges (plus I wanted to fill the pods) Ive got to remind myself to keep my eyes on the road, I keep looking at the EGT Gauge and its response through the rev range :)

Where'd u get the pillar pod ?? Does it get in the way ?? I was thinking EGT boost in double pod on dash of in pod holder metal brackets on pillar ... Yours looks the goods but exie though

I went through 4x4 Concepts NSW (awesome delivery 2days). I was going to do exactly what your plans are, but the deal for all 3 was to good, plus I got birthday money, thanks navara-asia for the Bday email ;) Here is a pic of approx head position. I'm pretty picky and location hasn't affected vision sofar, but the wires rattling are setting of my OCD! Will have to take a look on the weekend.

Now that is a good setup, but I could not concentrate with all that staring me in the face. You must tow a bit to need that info at hand.

Certainly distracting! I just have OCD when it comes to my car. I've gotta move the boost gauge down a pod as I can't take my eyes off it and it makes a lead foot!

ah yep sweet, that sticks out way less than i thought it would, looks good mate,

did you purchase the painted pillar pod? how was the fit up with it? all sweet? doesnt move or wobble?

I purchased the painted pillar and the fit is as good as factory! The pods are nice and deep also. I used 2 small screws that tapped into the pillar. Certainly strong and definately no movement. I would seriously recommend this product, easy fit and installation with the factory look.
Cheers, Matty.

Pillar pod location

Hey mate, what do these gauges look like at night? Been thinking of getting them but from what i have seen they dont look that great lit up. Which is just insane considering how expensive they are

Hi MR MPH is there a chance that you could advise where to tap the boost gauge into? I have a 2010 yd25 2.5l and I'm not sure where to hook up the boost pipe with the T section? any help would be gratefully appreciated

Cheers

Hi MR MPH is there a chance that you could advise where to tap the boost gauge into? I have a 2010 yd25 2.5l and I'm not sure where to hook up the boost pipe with the T section? any help would be gratefully appreciated

Cheers

Just tap into the hose that goes from the compressor housing on the turbo to the wastegate.

a lot of people tap them next to the boost sensor on the intercooler so they can see what the ecu is seeing.

Except the yd25cr in the d22 never got a boost sensor of any description....

what? isnt the boost on the left side of the intercooler as you open the hood? i know they are made in thailand but i expected better.

what? isnt the boost on the left side of the intercooler as you open the hood? i know they are made in thailand but i expected better.
As John has mentioned above. No sensors on the intercooler at all and nothing on the manifold either. The ecu obviously uses maf voltage to determine boost. Either that or nissan have programmed a certain amount of fuel at a certain rpm and throttle position because it is a wastegate turbo, so theoretically with a certain amount of fuel at a certain throttle positon results in the target boost...

Back