YD25.com opinions

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simsy

Reaction score
Hi guys well my poor old 2008 King Cab has suffered the old timing chain dilemma. At this point it rattles at startup and ticks until warm so I put the car away for the last 3 weeks while I find some money to fix it. Anyway I am considering the YD25 duplex kit upgrade so I would like to hear how others went with this kit.

Thanks in advance.

Just under 130,000 so had a good run to this point, off course it had to come just when I had a big TAX bill to pay lol

I called in at YD25 in Brisbane and spoke to paul he showed me the timing chain kit, the quality of this kit is unbelievable that going in my d40.

Quoted price was $1600 shipped, Nissan couldn't give me a price on a kit as all parts are individually priced but they told me the last 1 they done was $2800 fitted using OME parts

well I got the kit from YD25.com paid thursday night he posted friday and received in Adelaide on monday I cant complain about that. So the ute was towed to the mechanics this arvo ready for the repair tomorrow god I hope all goes well its been nearly 4 weeks without the car and the neighbour are getting sick of my truck in the front yard.

well I got the kit from YD25.com paid thursday night he posted friday and received in Adelaide on monday I cant complain about that. So the ute was towed to the mechanics this arvo ready for the repair tomorrow god I hope all goes well its been nearly 4 weeks without the car and the neighbour are getting sick of my truck in the front yard.

Make sure you let the mechanic know he can call Paul if he needs any guidance. Vey helpful chap and can't complain about his work or knowledge.

Ok this afternoon I picked up the Navara from the mechanics, the car is now running sweet no more rattle at start up plus it doesn't hesitate of the line as much as it did b4. According to the mechanic the chain and guides were buggered and probably didn't have much left in them, he also said the chain was flopping around a fair bit and the car was running retarded. He also said the kit was a dream to fit went in no probes at all. So here is the interesting part I was going to get my son to fit it at his work he is a mechanic in a performance workshop but they couldn't get it in for 3 weeks so I sent it to Nissan it was the first time they had seen the kit and they thought it was great.

Latest posts

Back