YD25 D22 Battery

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyNav09

Reaction score
Hey all.

I have a 09 D22 that ive recently removed the second start battery out of and have noticed the car just wont crank like it used to. My guess would be dropping the cca by half will do that. So i have been looking at dropping a N70Z or ZZ in the starters location. Have been looking at the Century Ultra High Performance and the Optima YellowTop? Optima containing 900cca and the Century having 780cca. I would like to know and see pictures of what people have in the starter location of there yd25 if you have swapped thr original battery for something else. I am putting a winch in this year and would like a battery to take that load aswell

Thanks
Rusty

I've been thinking the same thing lately... Although I've had mine separated from each other with an isolator for about the last 3 years lately the cranker has been sounding a bit sad in the mornings if it sits for any more than just overnight... Mind you I did run it flat a few weeks ago by leaving the headlights on ahahaha. Was really good for a while after a good overnight charge but I think it is slowly dying a painful death...

I am thinking the same as you though, although I was going to put an ns70 century in ( I think that was the one) or maybe it was an ns60. From the specs I've found the stock ones are only around 450cca which surprises me that it has lasted as long as it has... I am still considering the optimas but it completely sure yet... Seeing as I have them isolated anyway I'm still considering replacing the second one with a lead acid deep cycle, can't really justify an agm for the use it gets at this stage....

Exactly boda. It just doesnt sound right. Even my mate thats a mechanic says its not right. He even said it started way to easily with the 1000cca of the dual batteries. He had a customer turn on over in gear out the front of his workshop and it started in gear. Lucky the lady was in the car and the car reversed into the carpark.

I measured the optima d31a n70z and it doesnt fit. The egr pipe is in the way on the drivers side but this could be rectified with a yd25.com egr delete system as i think the pipe gets completely removed. There is only enough room for a battery 300mm long in that space

Tell me about it... Getting a decent size battery in there isn't an easy task... I'm pretty sure I was looking at the ns70 century, which is about the same physical size as the stock battery but is 610cca for the standard one or something like 670cca I think for the high performance one...

Considering the tests krankin did a while ago to measure cold and hot start amp draw I'm surprised this one is still going... In saying that, after a good charge with the charger you flick the key and it goes like a rocket....

They do also do the century in a left and right, so imagine having 2 of them in there...

Don't forget Rusty that batteries usually have a 3 to 4 year life no matter the size.
I t may just be on the way out dying slowly.
I am asuming it is still the original battery.

600 - 650 CCA should be heaps and you should be able to find a size that will fit without running around all day.

Yeh bods i could imsgine 2x ultra high performance ns70 in a left and right formation. Would be intense startup.

Tony. I am trying to fit the largest physical and capacity dize battery in possible to take not just starting duties but also winching. Also reason for looking at Optima is also as an emergency power for ftidge

Looked at the optima D27 in a reverse terminal setup but can't find it online only a (F) front facing terminal setup

Optima d27 dont have a reverse terminal setup and also apparently are not as good as they used to be. Alot of negative reviews on newer optima batteries.

Has anyone used CAT, CUMMINS batteries as starters. Apparently pick up a 880cca cat for about $150? Alot of alright reviews on the Exide Extreme and Endurance also the Century 4wd and Severe Service batteries. Any feedback would be nice.

Rusty

Thanks gazza. I have to be honest that OE battery you moved to the aux looks bigger then my OE battery. The Amaron you have installed what size is it? NS70?

Rusty, Green battery is longer , same as in my V8 landcruiser

When I have looked at the current d22 and previous d22's--Thai builds--the batteries look about the same as my OEM single Jap build

anyway here's a pic of the cruisers battery..same same d22

Last edited:
How do you find the Amaron?

Anyone have any reviews on the Delkor Silver Series 125D31R. Realised I can get discount through work. Can get this battery for $190

Had my battery tested by my local battery world and the news is all bad. The genuine batteries ar a small 540cca battery and mine tested at 340cca amd flashed a no go and needed to be replaced. So things will happen soon. Just decision time now. Leaning towards thr D34 yellow top

The CAT battery's seem not bad. I have 1in My zd30 and it seems to be a pretty good battery, dose seem to not like short runs needs a longer run then a century to charge back up where it is bigger I surpose. (820cca)

Latest posts

Back