yd25 d22 Tunit chip feedbacks, reviews needd

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmac

Reaction score
I've come across one of these on Gumtree for a fair price. I've got a stock yd25 d22 with egr blocked.
Any feedback on these chips? should I stay clear?
I've searched this forum over and over but most info on these chips are with the zd30 motor. There's no actual feedback or reports specific on the Tunit chip with the yd25 motor.
I understand an exhaust is a must and so forth and that will come in time but just want info on these chips atm. Reliable? Power? Torque? Figures? Economy?
Any info at all will be appreciated. Cheers lads

G'day mate, I've had one of their chips in my D40 for the past 3 months and it's been brilliant.
I've got 33in muddies which killed the economy and the chip has brought the economy closer to what I was getting with the standard tyres. I reckon it's because the chip has brought the power curve back to the lower rev range and you don't have to work the motor as hard to get up to speed. Plus it holds it's speed on hills now much better than it used to.
I have no idea of power figures but mine is the 126kw motor but now goes just as good, if not better than my mates D40 with the 140kw motor.
The box has 10 settings and mine sits nicely on setting 7 for day-to-day but if I'm towing the camper I'll set it at 9 for the trip.
I got mine at a 4x4 show for $1k and am very happy with it.

Thanks for your feedback fellas. So long story short the Tunit chip just raises fuel rail pressure like the rest?

Yes mate they all work on the same principal, Unichip and the later Chipit chips controled timing, boost and rail preasure. Then you have Steinbauer that is wired into each injector working on timing only.

Thanks Happy John, I've heard that the Chipit has gone belly up? When you say the later Chipit, are they under a new name or still Chipit? Can you recall when Chipit changed to timing, boost and rail?

There can be lots of chip on Ebay and Gumtree when someone updates they normaly remove it and the price can be very good. I did a fair bit of research 4 years ago, mainly looking at dyno charts and speaking to many in the tuning game.

Back then most recomended Chipit even though they were not affiliated with the company in any way. Most of the dyno reports varied but the Steinbauer did produce less H/P than a good rail chip. They still are considered a safer option as well.

You could get in contact with Sunny Coaster, he has the Steinbauer set up with a manual boost controler running 19psi. He seemed pleased and used the same tuner that set mine up. I'm not sure if the chip you've found will be compatable if it's been fitted to a D40.

Latest posts

Back