YD25 Engine noise

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigbark

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone's heard this noise before gets louder the more RPM in neutral. YD25 D22 2009.

Idler pulley ? Chain?

Cheers all.

Got to admit I thought very low power steering fluid until I read the removed belts.. Possibly the water pump bearings. Screwdriver to ear needed for this diagnostic..

Definitely a bearing type whine but I can't find what's causing it. More and more leaning towards timing chain.

I'd certainly pay close attention to the timing chains, because you don't want them to let go - the cost of replacing the chains before they break is much less than the cost after they break....

You might also check the exhaust system just in case there's a leak. Check the EGR tube too, they sometimes crack (and often in the 'folds' of the concertina section).

Hey Tony doing timing chain as we speak. The joys of d22 having sump bolts in the bellhouse.

This noise was 100% timing chain check tension on belt and was out 18mm indicated massive chain stretch. Ordered duplex upgrade

Hey Tony doing timing chain as we speak. The joys of d22 having sump bolts in the bellhouse.

This noise was 100% timing chain check tension on belt and was out 18mm indicated massive chain stretch. Ordered duplex upgrade
Get it done straight away, I broke one 8 weeks ago , fitted duplex chain and change over head bent valve, all up cost $7750, now I have a slight leak around the timing cover and sump joint.

Get it done straight away, I broke one 8 weeks ago , fitted duplex chain and change over head bent valve, all up cost $7750, now I have a slight leak around the timing cover and sump joint.
Yeah I got q duplex kit. Doing it myself pretty easy. Just a stupid design. Going to cost me all up $1000 for parts/seals. Cheers ! 🍺

Yeah I got q duplex kit. Doing it myself pretty easy. Just a stupid design. Going to cost me all up $1000 for parts/seals. Cheers ! 🍺
I busted it in S.A. a local in the town did it I live in Melbourne. I got the conversion kit from Queensland about $2000, that included the hire of special tools and shims etc the labour to fit that and the new head , plus a few other parts $2700

No special tools here just a screw driver "locking pin" and shims . I'll be fitting duplex tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20230707_173456.jpg
    20230707_173456.jpg
    690.1 KB · Views: 0
Nope this is the first one. done other timing chains and timing belts but never done a yd25 one. Wish me luck ;).

I brought this ute for less than what the chain cost off a buddy so im not to fussed about it but still want to do it right. Will let you know how it goes tomorrow pending the weather. :)

I hope all goes well for you with the repair, as a bloke keeps saying to me it's only nuts and bolts.

Couple days. I'm on my driveway doing it and had to stop every now and then due to the rain. Pretty easy job just time consuming.

I might do a write up on it with photos etc since I cant find any forums with detailed photos for this model.

I used Toyota black and red that I had left over from my landcruiser rebuild.

Any RTV for engine oil would be fine. Make sure you let it set for 24hrs before adding oil etc.

Latest posts

Back