Yerranderie via "The Oaks"

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbk1776

Reaction score
Hi All

is there a track going to Yerranderie via "The Oaks"

if you are from Campbelltown and google directions to Yerranderie
there is a massive state forest in between the 2 - as I mentioned
looks like "The Oaks"

anyone can shed some light?

thanks

Yes there is a track down through the valley off of "sheehys crk rd" BUT it is locked as it runs through the catchments area, so NO PUBLIC ACCESS.
The only people aloud in through the gates are NP , water board and fire brigade.
NP do a run through there once a year BUT its only for family or direct descendants of the original land owners of the valley before it was flooded to make the dam.
I have "mates" that ride through there on moto x bikes and "apparently" its an amazing ride and would be awesome in a 4x4. BUT that is only what i hear, i also "hear" that its great trout fishing down where the Natai river runs into the Burragorang but as i said thats what i "hear"

Yes there is a track down through the valley off of "sheehys crk rd" BUT it is locked as it runs through the catchments area, so NO PUBLIC ACCESS.
The only people aloud in through the gates are NP , water board and fire brigade.
NP do a run through there once a year BUT its only for family or direct descendants of the original land owners of the valley before it was flooded to make the dam.
I have "mates" that ride through there on moto x bikes and "apparently" its an amazing ride and would be awesome in a 4x4. BUT that is only what i hear, i also "hear" that its great trout fishing down where the Natai river runs into the Burragorang but as i said thats what i "hear"

exactly - I want to do fishing - I heard it was open before via Jerusalem Rd or something similar.

Also it will be good bypass instead of travelling around blue mountains which is shocking traffic

exactly - I want to do fishing - I heard it was open before via Jerusalem Rd or something similar.

Also it will be good bypass instead of travelling around blue mountains which is shocking traffic

there is a track off of Jerusalem Rd but that will only get you past one gate and there is another massive one that is against a wall and a deep creek on the other side, so i "hear". After that you have a steep tar rd down to the river and across a great style bridge from then on its dirt.
I also "hear" that there are a few more gates between there and Yerrandarie, and there are often NP rangers in there so you want to have your skates on if you do see them, which is likely.

there is a track off of Jerusalem Rd but that will only get you past one gate and there is another massive one that is against a wall and a deep creek on the other side, so i "hear". After that you have a steep tar rd down to the river and across a great style bridge from then on its dirt.
I also "hear" that there are a few more gates between there and Yerrandarie, and there are often NP rangers in there so you want to have your skates on if you do see them, which is likely.

probably the best way is to drive as close to the water where still legal to drive then WALK it I guess - pity it will be good camping spot and wheeling

probably the best way is to drive as close to the water where still legal to drive then WALK it I guess - pity it will be good camping spot and wheeling

yeah thats the go, or a small postie bike would be sweet, quite easy to stash because the hill is a bitch to walk back up,,,,,, long and steep...... so i hear anyway.

yeah thats the go, or a small postie bike would be sweet, quite easy to stash because the hill is a bitch to walk back up,,,,,, long and steep...... so i hear anyway.

actually you are right of everything you have heard
I just googled the map and seems to be there are some big drops

yeh a posty bike will be the best to take

Yeah ive "heard" allot about that area, but i would NEVER go in there myself being illegal and all.

Back