Yes search works, however...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gytr_r1

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Another D22 suspension question for you. I have used search, however the info I am chasing isn't exactly defined and filtering through the results is taking more time today than I have.

So here's the situation: I have owned from new a MY2012 D22 dual cab. The suspension has finally gotten to me, and I've been taking the good car to work (with no bullbar) as I am over having my kidneys destroyed on a daily basis. The guys at the local mechanic shop here have adjusted the torsion bars for us (my wife works there) and yes it's better, but I'm not happy with losing an inch in the front. And it does kind of wallow a bit. Adding a couple of hundred kilo's to the tub hasn't helped much (the front is still shit) and yes, I know it'll never handle like the Murano, but god dammit, it has to be better than this!

The vehicle spends most of its life empty, unless taken on the odd 7 hour trip north, or local dump runs, but will be used for camping once the wet season fully leaves us.

I have sent Zordo a PM, but am open to any suggestions (it's a fairly open budget as well). I'm not chasing a lift kit purely for asthetics, and if it doesn't have to be raised, I'd rather not raise it. However if your experience says that a 2" suspension + 2" chassis improves the ride quality, then I am all for it. Bare in mind that I have no intentions of chucking much over stock tyre sizes at it (remote location living has its pitfalls) and the only reason to go larger diameter is to bring the speedo closer to accurate (it's just on 10% out, on the high side, thus not warrantable... My wife also worked for a number of years as a service advisor for a Nissan dealership).

So, what brands/kits/lifts have worked best for you? Are airbags worth it for the leveling out factor when loaded?

There is an intention later in the year of fitting a 9000lb+ winch for a bit more serious trip (but there's going to be a DP Chip and exhaust thrown at it before then).

Thanks in advance

Hey there... I'm not any expert but if your gonna put a winch on then you may as well go the lift as it suggests that you may be going places you might get stuck, hence a higher vehicle is as necessary as a winch. There are many people that have D22's here that have very comfortable rides with lifts and mods.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Go a 2" performance kit from fulcrum (bilsteins and EFS springs) costs about $1800 plus fitting, zordo should be able to supply it as well.

you can also fit a 265/75r16 now in qld legally :) however if you think the ride is already bad don't look at anything more then a highway tyre.

Update.. Turns out the springs had collapsed front and rear.. Due to time availability I ended up doing the fulcrum 2" performance kit at emerald as 180degrees mentioned (read up on that particular kit after you mentioned it and was happy they used efs springs/torsion bars and greasable pins) and booked it in for yesterday. I ended up with them as my rosetted off time is always limited plus having warranty for workmanship helps ease my mind.. Zordo, thanks for getting back to me.. You do charge way too little for your kit..

Anyway the 150km drive there was shit but the drive home was excellent. Little ripples are still felt, but the big ones like water filled potholes that you don't see til the last second were smooth as.. Seriously surprised and impressed. The vehicle is taught but compliant if that makes sense. And it has better traction on wet roads.. Those shitty bridgestones don't let go in the rain mid corner anywhere as easily.

Latest posts

Back