Z20 turbo?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

utekid2

Reaction score
just posting this just to see what advice i can get about turboing my Z20 engine? I dont know anything about this stuff so please explain in simple terms. the price factor isnt that important( im not poor but im not a bloody milloinaire to so dont send me on a wild goose chase) i dnt care if i work on this for a year or so if i have to so all advice would be great thanks

your probably better off finding a 200sx motor or 300zx with turbo, you'll have much more power than putting turbo onto a z20

Last edited:
find some Z18et manifolds as they all match up... im looking into this myself, if i can find Z20 EFI gear and intake manifold and Z18et turbo manifold to bolt up to my Z24 and run it on 6-7 PSI it should become a very torquey motor... there is a guy in Finland that has a Z24 in his bluebird with this set up plus forged pistons and he is pulling near 200hp i think (it has been a while since i read the build) but if you can source the Z20 intake and EFI plus the Z18 turbo manifold cheaply you will get a respectable power increase compared to the old Z24 and low PSI say 6-7 will keep it reliable unless you can pick up some forged pistons... this can be done much cheaper then a SR20DET conversion but the SR would definitely be more fun....

Latest posts

Back