ZD30 D22 hard to start

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi tweake

all they told me m8 was it logged the code for the crank angle sensor so whatever code that is?

going to get an independent diagnostics Monday and will make sure to get all logged codes

get the code numbers if at all possible. some reades do not work well with these ecu's. tho some readers use their own codes and you have to use their book to know what it means.

the other thing is there can be two different timing errors. one is crank angle other is injection pump. there can be a couple of different causes. one really common one is air being sucked into the fuel lines which throws timing out.

yea well the fella that's doing independent diagnostics has just got new machine specifically for doing later model vehicles, so will let you know monday evening hopefully what they find as he will give me the codes.

I will look into air leaks too, would it be the ecu on top of diesel pump playing up?

Hi guy's

Ok had the CAS replaced and still got the same issue, hard to start and tacho erratic, put back on puter and throwing CAS code again! has got mechanic stuffed too! he is going to contact Nissan and see if he can get any further advice.

Will keep you posted guy's as this is really annoying the piss out of me now! especially not knowing what it is and neither does anyone else by the looks of it?

really need to know the exact code.

check all your earths, on the motor as well as chassis, including battery.
the other thing is it could be pump. ecu compares timing from CAS to the pump pickup. normally fault will throw pump code but maybe its throwing cas code.
i hope he set the clearance right for the cas. if clearance is not right it won't work and throw error code.

One injector leaking fuel into the motor over night flooding it and not allowing it to start? You could Try injector cleaner or for faster results liqui moly diesel purge ....

I remember my old patrol had a starting issue i remember i disconected a temp sensor at the front of the motor and it would start first time every time from then on wards ! Im guessing it was telling the glow plugs that the car was allready warm and not to get the plugs as hot as they should be ???? No idea why it worked other then that

One injector leaking fuel into the motor over night flooding it and not allowing it to start? You could Try injector cleaner or for faster results liqui moly diesel purge ....

I remember my old patrol had a starting issue i remember i disconected a temp sensor at the front of the motor and it would start first time every time from then on wards ! Im guessing it was telling the glow plugs that the car was allready warm and not to get the plugs as hot as they should be ???? No idea why it worked other then that

you wouldn't think that would cause Tacho and dash lights to go erratic?

have a look on the UK forum. i think someone had a similar problem and i think it turned out to be the ecu on top of the pump.

also GET THE EXACT FAULT CODE

have a look on the UK forum. i think someone had a similar problem and i think it turned out to be the ecu on top of the pump.

hey tweak'e

thx for all your input appreciate it, i think it might be the ecu on the fuel pump too cause the thing has never really performed the way it should, turbo doesn't spool up till about 2500/2600 RPM with 3" straight through?

il'l have a look on the uk forum, what's the url m8 in case i go to wrong site hehe

http://www.nissan-navara.net/ is the site.

turbo spooling up about 2500 rpm sounds about right.

even with a 3" mandrel bend system? straight through, big dump pipe? I have spoken to a few places about it and they reckon for what's been done to it, it should be spooling way earlier?

but that's still has nothing to do with my starting issues? i feel like burning it claim insurance and buy a cruiser hahahaha

hey tweak'e

thx for all your input appreciate it, i think it might be the ecu on the fuel pump too cause the thing has never really performed the way it should, turbo doesn't spool up till about 2500/2600 RPM with 3" straight through?

il'l have a look on the uk forum,

Latest posts

Back