zd30 exploded diagram

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its certainly a wierd one.

I am thinking the wrong oil was used or lack of servicing.

As I have only had the ute 5 months or so I didn't notice much of a change untill the bearing was spat out and this is when is had a loud vibration sound coming from the top back cylinder area. It still ran fine just a heck of a racket. I guess there would be some metal in the filter haven't really looked to much as we found the problem. Im unsure what could be causing your problem if nothing has changed it probably isn't good if you keep getting metal in your filter though
Gday Patt,similar here, had mine 4 months got it second hand with nearly 100k on it in dec 2010,then found the metal in the filter at 5k oil change,almost 120k on it now so more than likely had the problem when i got it,still goes fine ,you reckon you could have a look at your old filter if you still have it patt and see what you find.

mine spat the balance shaft bearings aswell. then found all the bottom end bearings were stuffed aswell. Thankfully replaced under warranty. only 30k old and always "serviced" on time by nissan

Yer I can have a look biggazza I'll see what I find. I won't know for a few days as the ute is in my mates workshop.

Its certainly a wiered one.

I am thinking the wrong oil was used or lack of servicing.
Gday Dave,the hazards of buying secondhand and everything in the service book might not be the truth,i change the oil every 5k,makes you wonder if all zd30 owner's should look at the filter at oil change for early warning signs.

mine spat the balance shaft bearings aswell. then found all the bottom end bearings were stuffed aswell. Thankfully replaced under warranty. only 30k old and always "serviced" on time by nissan
Gday joshy,what do reckon it could be joshy,crap original bearings or something.

Gday joshy,what do reckon it could be joshy,crap original bearings or something.

Not sure. think mine was just really shit luck for it to go so early. could be a quality issue. i have my doubts as to wether nissan actualed serviced it.

Not sure. think mine was just really shit luck for it to go so early. could be a quality issue. i have my doubts as to wether nissan actualed serviced it.

i would not be surprised. also very easy for one of the morons to use the wrong oil.
possibly the engine could have had fuel leak into the oil. repair the turbo but not the engine bearings.

Yeah right,wouldn't surprise me with those idiot's,looking back through my service book the owner before me had it serviced anywhere and everywhere so what dave and tweak'e are saying about wrong oil use is probably the case somewhere along the line.

So after 3 and a bit months I finally have the nav running again! Ended up picking up another motor so I willhave some spare parts that I will put up in the for sale section a quick list for now till I work out what's spare that's still in good order and what's scrap, there will be an a turbo, fuel injection pump, water pump, power steering pump, oil pump. 2(1 set) secondhand balance shafts, one brand
New balance shaft left hand side. Open to offers on all parts, thank you to everyone who has offered advice

Latest posts

Back