ZD30 is it chipped???

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yobbo

Reaction score
Hi I have a 2004 ZD30 that has always impressed me with it`s power and performance, I have often wondered if it has a performance chip. Were is the chips located and how do I check?

I have been so happy with my 2004 D22, that I just brought a brand new D22 YD25, which I have to admit does not perform as good as the ZD30.

I brought the 04 model secondhand about 18 months ago it was already fitted with a snorkel, EGR mod, 2.5" exhaust, catch can, new suspension and other goodies which make me wonder if it had been "chipped"

cheers Yobbo

So Yobbo you have 2 d22's?,let the poor yd25 loosen up a bit you can get them going very well if you know what your doing. The chip on your zd30 controls the spill valve allowing more fuel most will be located under the bonnet have a look it should be easy to see I have seen some under the drivers side dash as well.But owning it for 18mths surely you know what's under the bonnet a chip would stand out like old Tony in a kindergarten.

Last edited:
Yes I have 2 x D22`s, (and a old diesel landcruiser) my plan is to sell the 2004 ZD30, I understand about letting the YD25 loosen up, it`s only got 250 km on it lol :) But I have spent the last few days polishing and cleaning up the 04 getting ready to sell it, and being black (now mirror black) wow it looks good. I will have a look under the dash for a chip, the D22 is really just a family car for us, mostly driven by the wife so I`m happy to keep the new one standard

Unfortunately the 2.5's are just really gutless compared to even stock 3L's.

They loose 1/2L capacity, but unlike the D40 dont gain variable vane turbocharging so its pretty much just s straight up capacity loss with a better injection system for decreased emission output.

Unfortunately the 2.5's are just really gutless compared to even stock 3L's.

They loose 1/2L capacity, but unlike the D40 dont gain variable vane turbocharging so its pretty much just s straight up capacity loss with a better injection system for decreased emission output.
So an easy upgrade to 152hp as per the report now 159hp without any meth injection can a unichip do this on standard turbo?

Attachments

• img-211133216-0001.jpg
    img-211133216-0001.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 78
Any type of chip can make power gains for sure.
The unichip will of course make more purely because you have control of the injection timing that no other chip can do.

The big difference will be that the unichip wont produce additional smoke, all the other chips will.

Latest posts

Back