ZD30 Missfire

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers guys, filter got swapped over today.

Went to do the fuel filter quickly but the bolts weren't budging. Smashed them with some inox, so I'll try again tomorrow arv.

Have you read up about clamping the hoses so they stay primed.
There's a how to thread on here somewhere about changing fuel filter that is very helpful.

Hey mate

I have a ZD30 that is doing the same thing. i have spent allot of time and money trying to work this out and still playing up. you can check my post on it. After taking the car to the mechanics part of the problem was the EGR sensor plus a split in the turbo hose and the radiator was caked in mud. you can read my thread on what i have checked. i am still waiting to do some repairs so yet to know what worked. i was told that worse case would be fuel injectors replacement.

Hey mate,
My 06 D22 did the same thing a while ago, it was getting air in the fuel from the fuel filter, you should be able to pump the hand primer 2-3 times and it will go hard if it feels 'spongy' there is probably air in the fuel. i got a bit of clear hose and just swapped that in with other hoses to chase down where the air was getting in. Fitted a new filter and havent had any trouble since.

I swear this car hates me.

I've most definitely got air in the lines after the fuel filter change.

How do I get air out of the lines? I've done the whole take the outlet off the primer and pump until fuel comes out. But I think the air may be towards the injectors? Car won't start at the moment.

Pump & crank - rinse and repeat. You can also crack the nut where the fuel line connects to the injector - do a search for details.

Yeh - sorry, can't be more specific I'm afraid, so you've some searching to do. But even this won't help unless you find the underlying source of the air ingress - so you've got some more nutting out to do too.

Didn't crack the nut, but went home during my lunch break and disconnected the fuel hose where it joins the steel lines. Pumped the primer and got a solid stream of diesel.

Put the lines back on, gave it another 20 pumps and it was hard to push.

Turned the key, ran for 5 seconds before stalling. Tried the primer again and it was soft and spongy again.

Just a case of rinse and repeat? I'll end up with a flat battery soon. I'm going to hit up my mechanic on my way home from work this arv, see what he says. Also noticed the sensor at the bottom of the plug has a broken wire.

Will fix that, but would it be enough to stop the car from starting?

Really stupid question, but can somebody please take a photo of the injector. Say, I want to crack the injector to let air out while cranking.

I can't see sh*t in my bay and I think I'm on the right nut. Just want to make sure.

Failing that, I'm going to try the whole air hose in the tank and crank while pumping air in. I'm not getting anywhere doing it the other way.

If you follow the injector lines from the pump you should find them pretty easily... that is providing you have got enough fuel through the filter and into the pump...

The primer gets hard, if you wait 10 seconds or so it goes soft again. Leaking somewhere I guess.

I hate to get my mechanic out for something so simple. But I'm having no luck

Fair enough... just stick compressor hose in the tank with a rag and crank it over...

no need to put it in tank, simply put the compressor hose on the tank breather which is under the bonnet and easy access. standard tire fitting fits on nicely. just remember you do not need much pressure and it will pour out !

I had some small wins today. Completely forgot about the breather

Motor kicked about 4 times. Did a bit of a process of pumping primer. Then getting a mate to turn the key while I pushed in the air.

Battery went flat though. So another attempt tomorrow. Its close I can feel it

I got it with a mix between manually priming til firm. Then air compressor in the tank while cranking over. Once it kicked in I just held revs at 2000 until you could hear the air was gone.

I'm doing oil change either this arv or tomorrow. But ill definitely look at NPS

Thanks

Has anyone had this from fitting a k&n filter? Mine just started after a service and other then clean oil and new filters that's all I can think of I put in a k&n instead of a new paper one

Latest posts

Back