ZD30 patrol conversion to TD42T

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Deadly, has taken a while to get her this far. Definately worth the troubles. Won't find a better former 3L. I haven't lifted her yet as no need and suspension only 3 yrs old.

Krafty, nah nah na nah na :rock:

I bet by the time you get 100ks from home on your "holiday" you'll be wishing someone stayed home!

Hey thats a great idea can you get them here by tomorrow? Weather permitting we are stating a fence line in a paddock that even the mountain goats refuse to go in, bloody neighbour has been complaining his cows are escaping into the mates property, our response was to not put his cows in that paddock but he doesn't agree :big_smile:

Too bad we finished that fence today, but we have to do another one in a similar location in a few weeks, send em down they can't be any more difficult than the nufty we had over the weekend, this guy couldn't even figure out how to use a star picket rammer to make the post stay in the ground.

They will know all about walking mountain goat tracks by the time we finish with them :big_smile:

The other bloke was a friend of a friend who needed some work, sometimes the mate is a little too sympathetic towards charity cases and since he was paying us to for the job we decided we'd just take the sympathy

He's never online to read it anymore. I reckon he's brought a Yota and wont admit it.

This is awesome, love the idea of the 4.2 litre in my nav... hmmm so the gearbox stayed the same? just a direct remove and rebolt the 4.2? what had to be modified, what kinda coin did it set you back to do the changeover? cheers. would love to pick ya brain on this one as if its in my coin region ill rip the gutless 3litre out :p hehe

Hi Stockappy,

Well the gearbox is a bitsa, td42 bell housing, torque converted and input shaft. But the rest of box is 3L. (automatic)

I purchased a donar car to do the conversion and the car alone set me back $4500. Being an import swb it was 24 volts so had to convert it to 12 which isnt hard.

All up in parts alone cost me around $10K but well worth it.

Latest posts

Back