ZD30 stuttering under acceleration

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brock200

Reaction score
Hey guys

My zd30 has been running flawlessly until recently. I noticed first when towing my boat i accelerated hard in 4th gear and it lost power/dropped boost (i saw this visually from the boost gauge) in several bursts until i changed gear. It didnt happen when i repeated this several times after. Its now getting a bit more common, now i have noticed it several times in 3rd gear, but it doesnt happen every time. Its intermittent. The car has just done over 100,000km and its a 2005 model. I service it every 5,000km and i dont thrash it. Any ideas? i am affraid it might be the turbo thinking about giving in on life.

cheers
Brock

no not yet been a while since i have been on the forums and im only just catching up on this problem reading some old posts. I plan on doing the test this afternoon. If it is a NPS problem are people just leaving it disconnected or trying to clean the contacts?

ive now noticed that when im accelerating in 3rd and 4th gear if i put pressure on the gearstick towards neutral it loses power and if i pull it backwards and forwards the car stuters. Im guessing this is the NPS?

so i noticed theres the switch going into the gearbox and plug. ive done a search but nobody has said what they have done to fix it. im guessing just unplugging the switch?

I just disconnected the plug.., ran fine for several months, then had new clutch and rear main seal put in at the mechanics and on the drive home noticed it surging again... Sure enuf the plug had been connected... All sorted now...

Latest posts

Back