ZD30 turbo change out

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey mate,Lawry, me and a few others got one of ebay a while ago.there is a few threads on them one by me and i think one by Lawry.i had no issues and was running great until my timeing chain snapped lol.Lawry's is still going great as far as i know..
i wouldnt change the turbo if theres nothing wrong with yours (have you looked at yours?) but if you do want to get another i dont have my ebay one on my engine anymore as the new engine i bought already had one bolted on so my ebay one did about 1500-2000ks and since has been in a box sealed up in the shed (a few weeks now).if your intrested im only chaseing $500 to go towards a new exhaust system.it still has close to 10 months warrenty.
cheers

Hey mate, can you tell me who the ebay seller was?

Thanks

FYI, done 180000k's. Pulled the inlet off this arvo. Little bit of oil pooled in front of wheel. Fins looked good and nearly zero play in it. About 0.5mm and only vertically. None horizontally. Plenty of oil at the back which is worrying me though. Didn't get a chance to pull the heat shield off for a look.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 159
  • photo (2).jpg
    photo (2).jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 142
  • photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
Baitfish, how does the cheap turbo go?
Cheers
Guido

i haven't had any trouble with mine, the turbo has been running perfectly with normal boost pressure and spool up time. have only done about 5000 to 7000kms with it on but so time will tell i guess.

petes navstr
what intercooler is that from?? is it a package where did u get it? i dont mind that

the inter-cooler is from frozenboost.com, came as a kit with water tubes, radiator and thermo fan. i had to make up brackets and have the outlet tube welded up. if you go with one of them, i would highly recommend getting the Bosch water pump over the cheaper one. i melted my cheap pump pretty quickly because of an air lock. the bosch ones can handle that a lot better

Mine is a $650- as craig09 said, They seem to be fine, Im actually running mine on 18psi an it seems to be handling it perfectly. Ive only done about 4k though but its looking good (knock on wood). The only modification i had to do with it, was that the nugget who welded the actuator lever- didn't add enough angle
so the wastegate bladder was already under tension- requiring more boost to open... which i guesstimate to be around 20+psi.
A very easy fix or around $1, just use some washers and space the wastgate housing out.... There threads on it where i have explained in more detail.

Other than that i cant fault it. I can't justify spending 1700, when i can get three turbos (gaskets included) for that.

then again im in more of a situation to buy cheap as i have all the mod to keep the turbo relatively happy (inter-cooler, catch can etc).

The turbo was from "injector Express"

Also the oil film around your turbo is more than likely just blow by..... clean everything and install a catch can..... check a few "k" down the track, it its still there building then you may have fluffed an inlet oil seal in the turbo housing.

Hey mate, can you tell me who the ebay seller was?

Thanks[
What Lawry said mate,bought it same place and I've got mine running at 16 1/2 with the washers like Lawry said.
I just couldn't justify the extra coin for genuine when there is 12m warranty with these and all it took was $1 worth of washers

The way I put it is it might be genuine but where is it made,are Honda,Suzuki,Kawasaki ect crap because there made in Asia,no there top of the line.im not saying that all Chinese stuff is well made but I don't like ruling it out coz it is.theres many cases where they are better. And no I'm not Asian,I hate the ****ers lol
Not just talking turbo here,just something to think about with everything.why spend the extra coin when none of us have had an issue with these turbos.

Last edited:
Back