zd30 valves

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

webby

Reaction score
happy 2011 members and visitors, can anyone tell me if the valves on the
d22 withe the zd30 engine are adjustable or are they non adjustable as in the service book they dont say they adjust them at 100,000 km service
cheers all

afaik they are shimmed. just check they are withen spec otherwise no need to touch.
i'm not sure but i think there was a mention of the very early ZD30 being hydraulic lifters.

What Tweake said.

There was a change in about 2002 but I cant remember exactly what the change was.

Dave.

from the manual ....
Valve lifter of ZD30DDT engine has been changed from a type without shim to a type with adjusting shim.
looks like early ones you had to change the whole bucket. later ones you just changed the shim on top of the bucket.

thanks fella's, on another topic, hows the rain going. at present we are cut from town one way and starting to flood the other way at nanango qld. just got to the shop to buy extra supplies. hope it stops soon or will need a houseboat.

Bugger all rain down my way.

QLD is keeping it all.

Bloody hot today here.

Dave.

G'day Guys, I realise this is an old thread but was wondering if I could get some clarification. My 03 series 2 STR is and the repair shop with the lid off. I was shown that all 16 buckets need replacing along with the timing chain as the tensioner was almost out of adjustment. Just wondering if these buckets need shims as I have read in the patrol forum that these shims were needed in the 04 models onwards. TIA.

if yours doesn't have shims then the bucket is the shim and will need measuring and getting the correct sized ones.

Thanks, I was told there was no shims in there. The plan was to get new all new buckets and size up the shims. Is it ok to do this? Its a pricy exercise as I was told the buckets are $50 each

i don't know if you can replace the buckets with the buckets and shim setup.
i would wait and see how far out the old buckets are.

Latest posts

Back