ZD30 will not rev

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan.

Reaction score
Hello im a new one to this,
:tazzy: I have a 06 D22 with the ZD30.
Problem; put your foot down it goes normal, then for no reason it dies. Just like you have taken your foot of the gas, and it will slowly rev only to just over 2300rpm. Then it will just take of again, sometimes.
When at idle the rev change by themselfs, to just over 1000rpm and then back to normal idle, on and off?? Mind of its own!!!
Has any one got any thoughts on it??

Mine does that occasionally. On the idle up bit, clean the main body earths and hasn't done it to much since.

Change your fuel filter, check the NPS is working properly, air filter blocked ?

Hello Dave, i have done the fuel filter. Checked earths, ran a extra one straight to the motor. Will check the NPS today. Will it only do it in some gears, if it is the NPS?? Thanks Dan

I'm having similar problems with my 2005 ZD30.
Disconnected the chip-wasn't that.
Disconnected the NPS-wasnt that'.

Changed the fuel filter-didn't help.

Think it could be the MAP/boost sensor, will have to clean it with elec contact cleaner or try and borrow one to swap out.

Just gotta get motivated , dont mind the Saturday sleep in.

Hello, I've cleaned the boost sensor with contact cleaner and no diffrence.
Drunk a heap of beer, still no diffrent......Hmmm just want the power back!!

i'd be checking the tps too, these are drive by wire aren't they? maybe even pull the plug off near the injector pump and make sure all the pins are clean, even give it a squirt with wd40 or contact cleaner and put it back together.

tps is voltage based so if you have a multimeter check the voltages with the key on but engine off and again with the engine running and see if they are steady

Borrowed a boost sensor of a neighbour but that didn't fix it either.

Thinking TPS.

C:beer:racked first beer and shall ponder while watching the V8s.:beer:

i'd be checking the tps too, these are drive by wire aren't they? maybe even pull the plug off near the injector pump and make sure all the pins are clean, even give it a squirt with wd40 or contact cleaner and put it back together.

tps is voltage based so if you have a multimeter check the voltages with the key on but engine off and again with the engine running and see if they are steady
Thanks Bods, will give it a try. If that fails it looks like i might need a second morgage and take it to Nissan!!!

Measured the voltage on the TPS (middle wire, brown plug on side of pedal) and am only getting 2 volts when manual says 4.2 volts.

Emailed Nissbits for prices, go from there.

Haven't heard back from him.

$489 for complete pedal assembly from Nissan.

Looking at the manual the KA24 TPS is different to the ZD30 one so it cant be substituted.

Do you ever sleep?

Fitted new pedal still stuffed

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARK

I'd checked the wire from the chip to the pedal and couldn't find any breaks so didn't think that was the problem.

Cut the wire near the pedal, BINGO, back to normal.

Have you got a chip on yours Dan?
If you want to try another pedal assembly i now have a spare.

Off to do some overtime.:pissedoff:

Latest posts

Back