Zd30 woes

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've pulled out what I'm guessing are the glow ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393490499.564644.jpgplugs all but one look all right. Do I replace the one or the lot? CheersImageUploadedByTapatalk1393490520.188027.jpg

Last edited:
WOW they are buggered ! what happens is the tips break off and cause all sorts of issues ! for $80 - 100 bucks it doesn't hurt to do'em every 100'000 ... have you run it with the rocker cover off it yet ?

all the glow plugs...

as for the manifolds, they are fairly hard to clean. there have been a few threads on here with people cleaning them, so someone may be able to point you in the right direction there...

Nah haven't run it yet. Gunna have a stab at turning her over tomorrow before I dig deeper. Thanks bods will do a search now.

Hi guys I'm up to hereImageUploadedByTapatalk1393729301.802614.jpg I got the blue links lined up as per the manual and same with the yellow link I have noticed I'm out by an inch on the timing indicatorImageUploadedByTapatalk1393729445.029458.jpg am right to start pulling out the head or should I get everything lined up 100% also do I have to lock the diesel pump? If so how is this done. Cheers

I can't watch this ! why ask for help if your not prepared to listen to advice ! Did you run it with the rocker cover off ?

hey come on thats unfair im giving it a go i had it running with out the rocker cover on and still had that knocking sound so i thought id venture deeper, ive been following the manual. not here to upset anyone

If I were to sell the truck as is what do u think i would get for it? Sorta feeling dis heartened at the moment

Not reAlly worth selling then. This ute has been through heaps with me I'd rather turn it unto a garden ornament. What to do? May just keep pulling it down

keep pulling it down since your already on it, and post pics! And just be prepared to get another engine for it.

Cheers rabbit chop here's more pics ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393757117.652083.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1393757138.037853.jpgi lined up the tdc as well as the yellow link to the bottom cog mark as well as the two blue at the top with the two dots had the starter motor connected and kept starting the motor till everything lined up spot on. Took a few attempts but I finally got it.

The blue links are there they're hard to see but I held a rag over the chain while I was turning the engine over to clear the excess oil and there they was.

I'm not too sure I wanna pull the head off at this Time so I want to see if I can see if any damage has been done underneath the motor so next step is trying to unbolt the gear box from the motor so I can get the motor out and have a nosey at the block through the sump

were the timing marks lined up properly when you pulled the cover off or were they out by a tooth or 2??

Latest posts

Back