ZORDO'S Body lift on 4.0L V6 D40 STX ??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robbo_000

Reaction score
Hello All
I am looking into buying a 2'' Body lift from ZORDO
Just wondering has anybody fitted this body lift to a
4.0L V6 petrol D40 STX? and had any dramas ?

He has said he's never done one to a V6 Version Himself So im just wondring if any body on here either has or if there is any different between fitting the body lift when it comes to V6 STX or 4cyl's ?

Keen to grab it but want to make sure I get the right kit first.
Any info would be great
Thanks all
ROB.

G'day Rob,

Mate I have fitted a Zordo kit to a ST-X D40 V6 auto. Was a fairly simple job. I just did it in my driveway with a few tool and a couple of jacks. I was a bit concerned about how the air intake system was going to go, but it moved up with no major dramas. The only thing you will find is that the pipe coming out of your air filter compresses a little, making it just a little tight when putting back on after changing the air filter. It is not a drama at all though, so don't be worried about it.

Just follow all the relevant instructions in the kit mate. Ignore all the engine stuff, just follow the instructions for the steering etc.

I have since sold my V6, and have brought a diesel. I have done the same body lift on my new D40 as well. So having done a V6 and a diesel I didn't really find that much difference between the two. If anything the V6 was quicker and easier as you really don't have any mods to do around the engine.

One thing I did find when I did my first one, is make sure you do the cab before the tray. As the tray shapes itself to bottom of the rear of the cab, it grabs on the bottom of the cab and you can't get the blocks in. No issues, just make sure you do the cab first. You will save yourself a few issues.

I hope this helps mate, and if you need anymore advice just let me know.

Cheers Murf

G'day Rob,

Mate I have fitted a Zordo kit to a ST-X D40 V6 auto. Was a fairly simple job. I just did it in my driveway with a few tool and a couple of jacks. I was a bit concerned about how the air intake system was going to go, but it moved up with no major dramas. The only thing you will find is that the pipe coming out of your air filter compresses a little, making it just a little tight when putting back on after changing the air filter. It is not a drama at all though, so don't be worried about it.

Just follow all the relevant instructions in the kit mate. Ignore all the engine stuff, just follow the instructions for the steering etc.

I have since sold my V6, and have brought a diesel. I have done the same body lift on my new D40 as well. So having done a V6 and a diesel I didn't really find that much difference between the two. If anything the V6 was quicker and easier as you really don't have any mods to do around the engine.

One thing I did find when I did my first one, is make sure you do the cab before the tray. As the tray shapes itself to bottom of the rear of the cab, it grabs on the bottom of the cab and you can't get the blocks in. No issues, just make sure you do the cab first. You will save yourself a few issues.

I hope this helps mate, and if you need anymore advice just let me know.

Cheers Murf

Great post! Answered a few questions i had too! Thanks buddy

Hello All
I am looking into buying a 2'' Body lift from ZORDO
Just wondering has anybody fitted this body lift to a
4.0L V6 petrol D40 STX? and had any dramas ?

He has said he's never done one to a V6 Version Himself So im just wondring if any body on here either has or if there is any different between fitting the body lift when it comes to V6 STX or 4cyl's ?

Keen to grab it but want to make sure I get the right kit first.
Any info would be great
Thanks all
ROB.

Hi, just to clarify when you told him it was a V6, did you tell him it was the petrol 4ltr and not the new diesel V6? Cause I had a Zordo body lift in my 2009 STX and I rang him about doin one for my new STX with the diesel V6 and he said he hasn't done one yet. Just thought I'd ask cause I would have thought he would have done a 4ltr by now.

Thanks Murf for your post I will keep all this in mind.

And yeh my bad I Have sent another Email I dont think I was clear enough about the V6 Model.
All in all though by the sounds of things the Body Lift should fit the 4.0l V6 Petrols aswell.
Thanks for the replys

Latest posts

Back