Snorkel Install.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matty

Reaction score
Hey fellas i installed a snorkel yesterday, and let me say its a bit more involved than i thought. it took me about half a day just taking my time. its one of those jobs that would be so muck quicker the next time round, if you ever had to do it again. the hardest bit i reckon was getting the guard off, talk about a pain in the ass. there was just so many bolts hidden away. other than that it was pretty straight forward. you only have to drill one holesaw and thats on the outer guard, cos the one on the onside is already there. just make sure you rust proof all holes with zinc spray or similar, also before putting the guard back on with the snorkel fixed to it you must screw the bracket to the A pillar as the snorkel throat is in the way and you cant get a drill in there otherwise. i got a bit ahead of myself with that and learnt the hard way, had to pull the guard off again. finished product is pretty sweet and geez i didnt think it was going to get as loud as it did but sounds pretty cool, especially when engine braking. well thats about it i hope this helps for some looking into doing the mod.

Attachments

• P7050064.JPG
    P7050064.JPG
    157 KB · Views: 823
  • 2nd.jpg
    2nd.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 853
  • 3rd.jpg
    3rd.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 811
  • 4th.jpg
    4th.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 762
  • 5th.jpg
    5th.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 848
the rest of the pics.

Attachments

• 6th.jpg
    6th.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 554
  • 7th.jpg
    7th.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 609
  • 8th.jpg
    8th.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 499
  • 9th.jpg
    9th.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 614
ok sounds like ive done it the hard way then. i took the guard off cos im pretty sure the instructions that came with the snorkel said to, and plus it was a lot easier to work on everything whilst off the vehicle.

gonna put one on mine next weekend....thanks for the pics. my instructions i believe say to take off the plastic guard under the fender, but mine is a nissan snorkel not the safari. that would explain. Good tip on the zinc i didn't think of that.

ok sounds like ive done it the hard way then. i took the guard off cos im pretty sure the instructions that came with the snorkel said to, and plus it was a lot easier to work on everything whilst off the vehicle.

Fair enough if it said to do that I guess. Good end result anyway, yeah I just took the plastic trim off inside the guard and it was easy enough to access that way. The beauty of doing it yourself is that you know the exposed metal has been painted instead of trusting some dodgy nissan mechanics word. Good job.

Mine was done by said dodgy nissan mechanic.......when I get a few hours spare I am going to take it apart and check/fix it up.

I did mine the easy way.

My brothers a panel beater, fitted the snorkel for me.

Dave.

guys i instaled my snorkel this weekend and just want to check that the bracket on the piller sits right... i trimmed the rubber as i believe the instructions said and the result is as in the linked photo.. is this what the rest of the nissan snorkels look like?

Last edited:
Whats the cost of supply and fit a snorkel ? safari or nissan the cheapest, if someone can fit it for me i'll make it worthwhile, long as its cheaper lol

Gee that's a blurry pic mate.

I just trimmed mine with a stanly knife at the edges of the bracket. Looks like you have kinda done this at one edge of the bracket.

I'll take a pic tomorrow of mine if you like.
Don't know if it's what the instructions say as I didn't have any when I installed mine.

fatman cost me $340 (delivered) supply only from nizzbits. genuine nissan. thanks laith

Pretty sure they don't one for the v6. I think i remember reading that Nissan, Airtec and Safari don't do one. Don't quote me on that though. email nizzbits or make a call to tjm/arb unless someone else here knows for sure.

Latest posts

Back