buying a navara

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidfbmw

Reaction score
Hi Im buying a 4x4 for the first time and wanted to know what to look for in a secondhand motor,the one i am looking at is a 56plate outlaw with 60000 on the clock,

Look for a good service history as the main thing. If there is no record of it, run!

Most mechanics will recommend to do oil changes at 5000km intervals, Nissan say that 10,000km intervals is acceptable, so your call on what you look for.

I would also look to see what sort of kms it has done. 60,oookms on the highway would be far easier on it than half of those kms going up bush tracks or on the beach. You should be able to get under and check out what sort of condition the underneath is. Also if its been on the beach see if it has got any sort of rust protection.

Good luck!

Yeah def check the service history and do a REVS check on it too....make sure its unencumbered.
If the seller is forthcoming with info then ask everything you can, if they are not forthcoming and try and avoid your questions.....run lol!
And given the prices of new cars these days and the fact that Navs hold their value really well...it may even be worth looking at a new one.
Dealers are very willing to do some great deals at the moment - i got mine for $43,200 but with all extras it was worth $55k....if your not fussed on colour, see what they have in stock and maybe try and negotiate a deal on a demonstrator even.
What city you in mate?

sounds like your from the UK. be better to ask at Nissan-Navara.net

i don't think there is many people here who will know what a 56 plate is or what an outlaw is.

what year and model are you after (d22 or d40 ?)

we had the OUTLAW released here in Adelaide this year or late last year, had the Pathfinder blue tooth stereo, Pathfinder 17" alloys and an OUTLAW sticker on it.

Latest posts

Back