Baitfish Tray Build

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baitfish

Reaction score
Hi guys, after getting a few ideas off the forum i've slowly been building up my tray. Don't have a shed of my own at the moment so when I get a free weekend I make the trip back out home to the old mans shed to do a bit. I've only got one pic worth putting at the moment from the work I did over Xmas but I'll post some more up when I get a chance.

IMG_0212.jpg

that tray is damn sexy!!!! very professional looking, nice work cant wait to see it finished

Thanks guys, can't take all the credit for the total look of the tray. Had a look on here at a few trays and then paid attention to trays in car parks while the missus was shopping. My old man came up with idea to make the back part of the tay drop down enough so it would look as though the factory rear bar was meant to be there. That's prob my fav part of the tray how they tie in together.

tray looks awesome mate!!

im building one myself at the moment, have gone for the comp style though.

but seriously, great work :smile:

so are you leaving the rear step bar on there? thought u would remove it

I originally planed on taking the rear step off, but after seeing the tray with it on and off i agreed with the old man that it did look better with it on. As for departure angles, I don't really have to many concerns with that. Nearly everywhere that I go is pretty "tame" and I get there pretty easily. If I ever get a bit more serious i would maybe think about removing the step and raising the tow bar to improve the angle.

Awsome tray mate, just a question, what lift have you got under ya truck?

Nothing serious, just heavy duty EFS springs on the rear and wound the torsion bars up on the front, wew set of shocks and good to go!

Got a little bit more work done to the tray in between working away and catching up on other work around the place. Pretty much at the stage where it all needs to come back off again and be sandblasted then painted. Also fitted a winch, some muddies and started the water to air intercooler install.

traywithsides.jpg

trayback.jpg

winchgfront.jpg

IMG_05062.jpg

Latest posts

Back