limited slip advice

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jameslibra

Reaction score
Is there an easy way to "beef up" the limited slip diff? I would like it to kick in earlier and hold on longer. I have no real need for a locker but I wondered if a differend oil or something may work.

i would try oil first. a couple of oil changes to flush out the old oil.
but don't forget its an LSD not a locker. if you try putting lots of power through it, it will slip.

Not sure on Nissan diff's, but on Hilux's you just put a thick washer under the tension spring to add more clamping pressure to the clutch packs, (which is what Pro-Nav is talking about). Trick is getting the shim the right thickness, I did mine but it only worked for 6 months then started to slip again. Ended up putting in a lock right, which works brilliant.,

i think toyotas are a little bit different design. i've never actually had a look to see how the nissan one operates. i hear its better than toyotas and actually partially works in reverse which toyotas don't.

Iv ordered a locker and will be selling my lsd soon, pm me if your interested in it, works awesome, i had it changed a year ago and shits all over my old lsd.

Latest posts

Back