Shonky Nissan Dealers

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s14 panda

Reaction score
Is it just me or are the service at the Nissan dealerships shocking? Grand Nissan Reynella you are hopeless!!!!!!!

It's not just you, many people on here have expressed the same opinion. However I don't believe it's Nissan generic but instead comes down to the dealership and the people who run it because there is just as many bad reports about various Holden and Ford dealerships.

Just dealerships in general. (be it holden/ford/toyota or nissan) The good ones are becomming a very rare item.

I have a "few" cars for work, and the biggest problem is overserviceing. ie, you need new brake pads, when they are still good for another 30,000 kms

Don't get me started on Nissan dealerships.. It was like they were doin me the favour by letting me buy a car!! I won't publicly say which dealership in Melbourne..

I'm happy with mine. They change a bit less than the fixed price service and are good guys. Only issue I had was that the snorkel was not fitted to my satisfaction and they fixed that up. Even our Mitsubishi goes there for it's service.

Maybe the advantage being located in a small town although that said, the Service Manager of the local Mitsubishi dealer was a prick. I believe he is no longer there.

Maybe the advantage being located in a small town although that said, the Service Manager of the local Mitsubishi dealer was a prick. I believe he is no longer there.

Yes that goes both ways, our local Toyota/Nissan/Hyundai dealership are terrible in all departments, Holden/Mitsu next door have a terrible service department and Ford have sales staff that ignore customers, yet the Isuzu dealer up the road although going slightly down hill since the original owner retired has service and sales that beats them all. I chose to travel 60ks to another dealer because I wanted a Nav but I was close to buying the Isuzu purely because of the difference in service locally.

Looks like everyone should just start using Fatboy Nissan.

FB it's time you branched out and went National :big_smile:

I was close to buying the Isuzu purely because of the difference in service locally.

Like the saying goes about catching a lot more flies with honey than you do vinegar.

I know some customers are never happy but why piss the general population of your customers off unless you have customers falling over themselves to buy your product or service?

I know some customers are never happy but why piss the general population of your customers off unless you have customers falling over themselves to buy your product or service?

Exactly! And you'd reckon that the smaller the population you serve gets the more these sales staff and business owners would think about how they treated each and every person who walks in the door.

Exactly! And you'd reckon that the smaller the population you serve gets the more these sales staff and business owners would think about how they treated each and every person who walks in the door.

I walked into the local nissan dealer, looked at a new nissan, got told it was sold so i proceeded to asking about another car and got asked if were done here. That guy obviously does not want to make money.

yes salesmen are cockheads they would not even give me a price till i would guarantee i was buying there ute,
how do u commit to buying if u dont know what your payin.

on another note put my ute in today same dealer to get abs fixed the outcome was ABS line streched and snapped sensor they have to change whole hub assembly
i asked if it was covered by warranty she said yeh your good 2014 cant complain about that.

I've gone thru 30+ new car purchases, so would like to think i've had a few experiences to reflect upon.

The only (SA) dealers i've experienced "exceptional" service from are Mercedes Benz, Mazda and Solitaire (Audi,VW etc).

Nissan, Holden, Ford are avoided were ever possible.....

I've never bought a new Toyota, so no comment there.

that's my rant

i must say lakeside nissan are bad, the staff and sales guy was helpful but the service side of things are shocking....i was told that theyre service side was shocking but like to experience things myself and i did..... they put new tyres on my car when i bought it and snapped a wheel nut, i never got told that i was broken i only notice it was missing when i real bad knocking noised under my car.... body mounts had failed, engine mounts failed, took it there 3 times before all the knocking noises went, took it there the first time and said its a body mount then again and it was an engine mount and again and it was more body mounts...... lol fix it and test drive it the first time.... lol

Reynella branch would not give me a price on a 2wd D22 back in 2008. Insisted I needed a 4wd. Went to Main Nth and got a very good deal. Gave the salesman the business card of the first sales man and told him to have fun with it. 18months later service prices went through the roof and they started wanting the veh all day to do even small services. Back to servicing it myself just so it is off the road for the least amount of time. Don't these guys realise that we earn our living off these veh. Thanks for listening.
Regards
2wheeler

Service price is shocking i reckon... But i have a mate who works at a nissan dealership and reckons if they do the service properly it is well worth is and the service is more indepth then just a oil change....

I have to say the Sales guys where I brought by D40 were great. Said he would not be beaten on price, no matter what. When I showed him a couple of quotes from capital city dealers which were great, he matched it. He just about died with his leg in the air when I did but he come thru. Then the floods came in Thailand, there was going to be a huge delay in delivery ( I wanted a King Cab) well he just about moved heaven and earth to find me a car. I wanted white but ended up with the Silver metallic, a 500 dollar option. No extra charge. It was good work. unfortunately it all down hill after there. Service? what service. I would never go near the place again. They are also Volkswagen, Mazda, and BMW dealers so would never buy any of those brands not that I think they are bad cars or Nissan for that matter but if something goes wrong. The next closest dealer for them is 400Ks away. So it totally rules Westco Nissan Cairns out of the picture.

Latest posts

Back