Greens....

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"The tax turned out to be a complete turkey, which everyone knew it would be except the Greens."

That quote says the guy is a complete imbecile. I don't remember reading where he said this when the deal was struck. Every idiot can be a post event expert, but for any credibility you have to say it just after the deal is struck and not years down the track.

What was understood by anyone with understanding of the mineral resources market is that the mineral price received would fluctuate. There was a small number of people that did point this out at the time, but I don't remember anyone saying that prices would drop to the extent they have. Hence the gross income of the various companies was way down on EVERYONE'S expectation

As to the other factor,; accelerated depreciation, I don't remember anyone predicting that it would be sufficient to wipe out/mostly offset the "MRRT".

Does anyone want to lay a bet that the liberals will not abolish the tax?
Reason; because in future years, there is going to be very little depreciation offset and the companies are going to suddenly find themselves with super profits* and we all now how much the liberals want cash to hand out to everyone..

*Caveat; Mongolia

So, it was logical that this might happen. Unlike the GFC predictions, you'll find hens teeth before you'll find an accurate explanative prediction that it would occur.

Did it occur to you green frothers that "the split" is just the start of the Greens election campaign? Milne said it herself when she said something along the lines of "Under the agreement, we couldn't critiscise the mining companies. Now that it has ended, we can make comment without restriction". Like it or lump it, the election campaign has started.

Also, did anyone catch the admission from Treasury that they do NOT collect sufficient figures, from companies, to accurately to predict with any great accuracy the income/costs of any government policies.

Yes he can vote for whomever he wants, as can you - democracy and all. BUT, you'd do well to remember that it's as much the conservatives as any other group with a firm grip on the blowtorch thats cutting a hole in the hull. It all depends on whether or not you want to go down as gina's slave or not!

The boat has always had holes in it but that doesn't stop Labour or Liberal trying to slow the leaks down when it suits them.

I'm not a Greens fan (and old Bobby looks like he's about one call left from deaths doors lately) but Abbott would just as quickly jump aboard the Greens ship and start plugging leaks if it meant his party gained the upper hand. No different to Julia and her party.

The Greens may be a waste of space but they have had and will continue to have an influence on politics in this country be it good or bad. People writing articles about them and making jokes about them are just feeding the beast.

It was reported many years ago that Col Tom Parker made up batches of two stickers for his client, one said "I hate Elvis" and the other said "I love Elvis", the hate stickers outsold the love stickers 4 to 1 according to the some press at the time. Who won at the end of the day? Elvis and Tom who made more money from the people who claimed to hate Elvis and wanted to show it than they did from the fans.

The Greens, any political party in this country, are hardly any different. Parade and scream dislike loud enough and all it does is make the disliked target more prominent, generate enough dislike and it's feasible that the disliked party gains pity votes. There may never be enough dislike to get the Greens voted in but they only need to get a small number of votes to make it harder for the two major parties.

You don't have to vote Green to get a Green influence.

Yes he can vote for whomever he wants, as can you - democracy and all. BUT, you'd do well to remember that it's as much the conservatives as any other group with a firm grip on the blowtorch thats cutting a hole in the hull. It all depends on whether or not you want to go down as gina's slave or not!

Can tell you that those of us who live in the real world aren't slaves to the likes of Gina el al! (Commie propaganda)

Cheers Brad

FYI. Tony Abbott voted against work choices in the party room, he was dead against it then and still feels the same now. If you want to be persuaded by labor/green BS that's your prerogative. Seriously though, give the rest of us a little credit for having a shred of intelligence.

You believe a man who openly admits to not being trustworthy? Your bad luck realy!

Tony will do as he is told by those that own him - just as kev & jules did. Same shit, diff flavour. Don't believe the BS any of them spin.

I hope it's not Speedos or Bonds that own him or things could look a little more off in those tv interviews in the future.

You believe a man who openly admits to not being trustworthy? Your bad luck realy!

Tony will do as he is told by those that own him - just as kev & jules did. Same shit, diff flavour. Don't believe the BS any of them spin.

The revolution died with Lenin comrade, time to move on!!

Cheers Brad

I knew Nakedape would jump on this thread, still got me stuffed what he does for a job.

Maybe he's a corrupt Union boss.

Nakedape, do you hate Abbott so much because he said he is going to launch enquiry into Union corruption ?

Ahhh the the only thing the lefties have to crap on about with reguards to the LNP. The shout from the rooftops" Work choices are coming".

Vote for the shit house ALP and live on welfare, be considered more important than a "Asylum Seeker" who could afford a 10 grand boat ride, but is "Hard done by" in Australia.

You're still alive aren't you, you ungreatful sacks of shit.

do you hate Abbott so much because he said he is going to launch enquiry into Union corruption ?

I hate him because he's a goose and while obviously different to Julia is still going to be just as bad as PM.

Like all pollies he bullshits and his current promises will be as empty as Julia's have turned out to be.

Unless there is a leadership change to both parties the next PM will not be voted in, they will be there because the other party was voted out.

But then since you didn't ask me the question you can consider this as just stirring the pot to be annoying. :ha:

Latest posts

Back