What are your Christmas plans?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason

Reaction score
I've got 4 weeks off from the 18th of December.

Heading up to Yeppoon to camp on the beach for a week in the New Year, might head out to Great Keppel for a day or two from there.

I will probably hit Bribie Island and Double Island for a few days over the holidays, a couple of day trips to the Glasshouse Mountains and a trip through Condamine Gorge are on the cards too.

That's about all that's planned at this stage, just glad to not be at work for a month really.

wow jas seems like you got it all planned out . i got 2 weeks starting at the same time. but it will be straight home to the mrs for me. and then just family things from there. will definately be happy not to be at work though.

I have got 3 weeks off from the 23rd. Nothing major planned, anything that doesnt involve customers and work will do me just fine haha.

Got from 18th off till feb 2nd if i want, but will probably go back to work early, just gona take it as it comes this time round, will try do more day trips to the beach at fairhaven and will try squeze in a couple of days camping at cobram on the murray. A little hard this year to do more as olds are overseas and im helping my bro and sis look after our disabled bro.

We have a trip around the south-east corner of Aus planned, following the coast down to the 12(ish) Apostles, New Years Eve at Narrandera and up through western NSW and into Mudgee before returning home.

Finish up work on the 22nd, then a week in Warrnambool in our new Jayco Eagle camper from Christmas till New Years with family, then a couple of weekend trips to Echuca/Moama and maybe Wye River if all goes well, back to some minor work around the 11th then get right back into it by end of Jan.

Well since i dont do xmas im heading up to teewah/ cooloola/ double island (xmas to just after nye) to try the navara camper out.. the good thing is all my mates get the time off so it will be huge.. looking forward to it..

cheers mark.

Ill get a week off around christmas, going to take off 2 weeks in Feb though.

Will stay local for chrissy.

Dave.

Up to Bundy from the 23rd till newy then we r gunna have a party at home to see the new year in, then back to work. Hey Jason drop us a line when you come upto Glasshouse and if I'm free I'll tag along if your keen

Nevyn, how's that place compare to Poley's Place? Sadly I could not recommend Poley's Place (about 5 minutes out of Gloucester on Thunderbolt's Way) because of a very poor experience we had there, but we're always trying to find other nice places to go visit.

Up to Bundy from the 23rd till newy then we r gunna have a party at home to see the new year in, then back to work. Hey Jason drop us a line when you come upto Glasshouse and if I'm free I'll tag along if your keen

No problem Mick, sounds good, maybe PM me your mobile number?

Might even be able to rope Matt in for a day.

Nevyn, how's that place compare to Poley's Place? Sadly I could not recommend Poley's Place (about 5 minutes out of Gloucester on Thunderbolt's Way) because of a very poor experience we had there, but we're always trying to find other nice places to go visit.

Sorry I diddn't get back to you sooner mate! I haven't been there before but lots of people keep telling me it's pretty good. I'll let you know what I think when I get back.
Another place I visited earlier this year was Riverwood Downs, we camped (campervan) on an unpowered site. "Brilliant"
Riverwood Downs Accommodation Barrington Tops Holiday Retreat
Not familiar with Poley's place, is that at Bretti?

Cheers Brad

Poley's Place is on Thunderbolts Way - they have a web site now as well.

The pictures look better than the experience we had. We were in tents and it was an effort to peg the things down in the loose-sand-with-large-pebbles. Back when we went, they had numerous pit toilets around the place. The pits couldn't have been oh, 6 inches deep? They provided a rather unique aroma to remember the place by.

Things might be better nowadays, and with a caravan we'd fare a lot better, but I'm more than happy to avoid a second visit.

3 weeks off starting next friday. so 3 weeks working on the nav. If the nav isnt finished by the end of the 3 weeks i think ill give up

Hanging around home for Christmas, then heading out to Knorrit Flat for the new years long weekend! Having near two weeks off at the end of January to visit family and do the theme parks etc. on the Gold coast.
Welcome to Knorrit Flat Riverside Retreat

We stayed there a few months back Brad.

It is a great place. Spacious (separate) camp sites so no one else camps 12 inches from you. Great outlook as well as flush toilets and hot showers.

The people that run it are very friendly. We hired a 2 person canoe and a kayak all day for only the 1 hour rate for the canoe. (they were quiet though).

Camping on the river bank will be convenient for a cooling down swim.

I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Back