C B Mounting in D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firefly

Reaction score
Hi there again - wish to fit my GME 3600 UHF C B into mounting space below radio in dash of 2009 D22. Wondering how hard to remove centre dash to gain access to area behind radio / C B cavity to enable coax / power lead / extn spker cables to be run. Already have the coax into cab thru grommett - RHS of engine bay. Also advice on best place to P/U power source. ( Last car came straight off batt - grommett bit tight with spotlight / thermo fan / coax cables + what was thru grommett from factory. Thank you in advance for your advice / help.

Firefly, I haven't got a D22 but like you went looking for the best power source for the CB. Obviously it's best straight off the battery for emergency purposes but since I went through the firewall on the passenger side it meant a lengthy cable run to the battery and a lot of cable ties which was too much effort. Because I've put the second battery in I just ran the power for the CB, the live wire to the reversing camera screen and the GPS power straight off the cable to the second battery. No mess no fuss and it means as long as both batteries don't go dead flat at the same time (which will be unlikely) I've always got power to the cb.

I ran all the required cabling into the cabin then went to autobarn. $40.00 later all fitted off and no piss fartin around.

I fitted mine on the side of the centre console facing upwards on the drivers side. Fits nicely. I'm yet to see an install above the stereo which looks 'fitted' flush with no gaps on the side.

Very easy to take out the drivers seat, fit to side of console, run wires under carpet and through the gromet in the firewall straight to the battery.

Cheers,

Iv got the detachable face type cb where the cb unit is hidden under the dash and the screen is up front, i bolted it over the little card holder hole as that was useless to me and its in nothings way and i can fit as i have a double din dvd player up top.
Wiring is easy, took me 5min just found out the constant positive wire behind the fuse box and added it to that, remember to have an in line fuse if you do that.

Latest posts

Back