Robmacca's D22 3.0ltr TD and Intercooled

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeh. Wind it back on under tension. Attach to a tree or something then drag it back in with the brakes on. Cheers Willie

Just putting the Navara into have the Rear LSD looked at. Sick of the cold grinding noise it makes until it gets warmed up. Tried changing the oil, etc which did make a difference for a short time but its still annoying. While I was there, I asked about a Auto locker installation cost in the front. He replied $400+ but if I removed the whole diff and drop it down to him, then $100..... What's peoples thoughts on these quoted prices?? (Just researching as I don't know whether to get one or not yet)

rob

Installed some of those cheap eBay HID's that u see forsale everywhere on eBay, etc. Fitted 2 Euros (Spreads).... WOW... what a difference. For $127/pair I reckon it was money well spent..... Durability will be interesting though..... I reckon they put out better light than my other IPF HID's I got installed on the missus car....

Just purchased my next project/accessory for the Ute..... a TJM Rearbar (at their old price) + their front Bashplate.....

Now I just got to find the time in install them..... The Rearbar has a weight listed on the box of 57kgs..... might be a bit hard to do it myself.... time will tell.

Ok, finally gotten around to fitting teh TJM Rearbar that I bought mid last year. The install instructions say 30mins to fit.... I thought.....U got to be joking...... So, off I started to fit it by myself and some 7hrs later, I finally finished.....

Here's a couple of pics:

D22TJMRearbarinstall008_zps214d6caa.jpg

D22TJMRearbarinstall007_zps054d15ad.jpg

D22TJMRearbarinstall009_zpsa5626c19.jpg

7 hours?! must of had a couple of beers in there somewhere along the way!
You got any pictures of your zook anywhere? I wanna buy a stock one and build it up, they are wayy too much fun to drive

Forgot to mention.... the height from Ground to the old ARB Towbar was 390mm..... Now, from the Ground to the TJM Bar is 525mm (an extra 135mm higher). The lowest part of the TJM bar now is 510mm from the ground.

Might have to look around for a different Tow Tongue so I can get the van or Trailer sitting level again.....

7 hours?! must of had a couple of beers in there somewhere along the way!
You got any pictures of your zook anywhere? I wanna buy a stock one and build it up, they are wayy too much fun to drive

Yeah, it wasn't quite 7hrs hours, I had a fair bit of Re-wiring to do from the previous owner + as usual, nothing ever runs smoothly for me when installing something. The bolts they provide with wire welded on the nut head broke off. Upon closer look I ended up having to run a Die over the thread to make the nut go on easier.... Then not all the holes lined up so I had to modify that b4 I could continue.....

The TJM bar is quite heavy too so trying to position it into position by myself took some time too.....

What Zook are u looking for ..... Sierra or Vitara??

I've got the LWB EFI 1.6ltr 4dr Vitara. It's got the usual 30's Muddies; Bodylift; F&R Autolockers; Reduction Gears, etc etc.

Some pics located here (hope it works): Vitara Pics - Various

Links:
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RcRXQWpbYA[/YT]

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tPvo5xouL4&list=FLkq1cP7E5xbi79gbkGhwvcw[/YT]

i wanna get a sierra. tin top and wide track. was my very first 4by and miss it every single day haha

Just a few updates that I did a while back::

replaced my original catch Can with a Provent one:
P1020774_zps56bcd929.jpg

I installed a 2nd Fuel Filter for added protection (Donaldson Brand):
P1020776_zps94d09513.jpg

Along with the EGR being blocked off, I assume this is the plug u need to disconnect after swapping the hoses around:
P1020781_zps4990e81f.jpg

Then the latest addition (TJM Rearbar) as shown previous:
P1020772_zps1f0592c4.jpg

Mods / Maint on the list to do in the near future:

> Replace Rear Shackle Rubbers (looks like it will be a PITA due to the bigger exhaust and the TJM I just installed)
> RoofBars (Track type) and then look around for basket type rack for above the cab and the canopy
> Replace the RHS Canopy sliding window with the Lift-up version (some $300 from ARB :( )
> LED Lighting in the rear Canopy
> MAKE UP a PLYWOOD Table for the REAR TAILGATE of the Ute and mount it in place
> Better Reversing LED Lights
> Worklight mounted at the rear somehow when camping
> Solar Panel (portable type?)
> Canvas Seatcovers
> Side Awning

Hey mate, she's looking better and better each time I check your thread. Just a few question about it all, what have you done with the original fuel filter? Looks like you've got the provent hanging where it used to be.

And with the provent, did you get some 1/2 to 1" adapters to be able to run that hose straight across from the PCV?

Do you have a wide shot of the engine bay you can share? I always like to see how other blokes have solved some of the space problems in the engine bay.

Also with your rear shackle rubbers, have a chat to ZORDO, he could probably hook you up with some greasable shackles for not a lot of coin. And they *shouldn't* be too hard to replace.

And your reverse lights/rear work lights, I got some 13w 5LED work lights off eBay and have them hooked up to both the reverse line, and on a switch, so I got the best of both worlds. And I also found 1m strips of LED's on eBay as well for inside the canopy, and they're pretty bloody bright!

Last edited:
Hey Josh, I'll try and get some pics of what I did for the provent, but basically at the provent end I ended up just getting a hose that slips over the both the hose and the provent end. I'll get some pics.

Re Original fuel filter, its mounted on the drivers side inner guard:
P1020777_zps9b3ba697.jpg

Josh, Here's a couple of pics of the hose connections to the provent:
P1020848_zps263f57b2.jpg

P1020849_zps60d13748.jpg

I have a bit of clear hose connected to the drain side that goes out to the front of the car
P1020850_zpsdaaa5bba.jpg

Some more:

The hose that's connected to the drain side of the provent goes towards the front and under where the windscreen washer bottle is the heads up to a tap that I've installed. U can easily visually see the amount of oil sitting in the hose and know when to empty it:
P1020853_zpsaf895ba8.jpg

P1020852_zps500715e2.jpg

P1020851_zps22a7b8eb.jpg

I tried sealing up the rear tub area. Not a very good job, but better than nothing. I'll still have to try and improve it though.....
P1020859_zps5d476b01.jpg

P1020858_zpsc2e6ad08.jpg

I installed these alloy strips up the side but when the tailgate is closed, there is not enough room for any rubber to be stuck on the alloy strips
P1020862_zps446b2105.jpg

P1020865_zps4a7d41a6.jpg

Plus Where the canopy window meets the tailgate, I've stuck some rubber to help seal this area off.......(Even though this works ok, the rubber has teared a

bit and this will need to be replaced with something better)
P1020856_zps536d08a5.jpg

P1020857_zpsdf6ee465.jpg

Latest posts

Back