2005 Nissan Pathfinder YD25 - Please HELP!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shivafj

Reaction score
Hi

Happy New Year! TO YOU ALL :)

I know this is the wrong place to be posting this question but my vehicle has got pretty much the same engine as the D40's.

I was just trawling thru the net looking for yd25 fuel pump problems. I came across a post at this link:
http://www.navara.asia/navara-d40/1748-dpf-sensor-2.html#post17039

I am actually in Fiji. Our nissan dealers are scratching their heads to solve this mysterious issue with my vehicle.

i have a 2005 nissan pathfinder. it has the same sought of problem where is would start okay but it would shut down after 10 - 40secs. But if i hold on to the rev @ around 2000 rpm for 3 to 5mins and as soon as the temperature guage would go up a bit it will start to run smoothly. It only has this problem when doing cold start.

Our dealers have plugged in the consol 3 computer to get readings that the fuel rail pressure is low and have advised me that the fuel pump needs to be changed (which i do not agree to at this stage).

From the post above my vehicles symptoms look to be similar. This problem started since they changed some timing chain guiders and lower timming chain. The vehicle started fine when they delivered the vehicle back to me after the change. It all started from the next day after i had made a 200km trip.

Could someone please confirm if they were getting the same sort of readings from the ecu that the fuel pressure is low but instead it was the timming chain problem?

I would really really appreaciate if anyone could answer my above request as soon as possbile.

Cheers
Shiva

If your ECU determines that your DPF is blocked or in need of service, it will inhibit the motor, but you will see the DPF light on the dash as well. The vehicle should be driveable but should refuse to go much over 2,000rpm if this is the case.

Here's another thread with info on the DPF. In this thread is a post where I discovered the procedure for performing the regeneration by a Nissan staff member with a Consult III device - click here to read the post.

Good luck with yours. That regen cycle lasts for 40 minutes or so, they should ensure there's enough fuel in the tank for a hard 40 minute run and you should also insist that they do the oil+filter change at the end.

hi tony

i do not have the dpf light on the dash. the vehicle is driveable over 2000rpm and runs all normal as if nothings wrong wth it. but this only happens soon after the temperature guage rises up a bit.

so i dnt knw if the dpf sensor is the problem or is it the timming chain change over has been stuffed up by the nissan dealer.

try here Nissan-Navara.net • View forum - Pathfinder

i would more inclined to think you have blocked up fuel filter or crap fuel.
don't forget to reset ecu after filter change.

the other is the fuel pressure sensor and regulator. that could make it seam like pump is low on pressure.

only on cold starts...... did they check the basics such as glow plugs?
did they get any temp sensors mixed up ? or any fuel lines on wrong way around.

they changed the fuel filter ...was their first action to it. glow plugs were also tested...all are ok.....

Latest posts

Back