Brisbane to Double Island Point

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garth D40 stx

Reaction score
Hi all

After buying our first 4x4 a few weeks ago and getting a bit of recovery gear were going to have our first trip up the beach to Double Island Point (if we get that far) on Saturday. So if any one is keen for a drive and maybe show us how its done and some tips. A mate of mine is coming in his hilux and were meeting at the Shell at nundah at 8:00am white Navara D40 Rego LEA 075.. Manar park sticker on back window.

Cheers
Garth

I'd love too

If I hadn't been roped into work Saturday I'd be up for it I love drivin up at DI. You'll be fine though, I was up a few weekends ago the coffee rock that made it impassable a month or two ago is getting better and thats about the only trouble you'd have. Won't even need 4x4 for the majority of your drive.

Great thanks for the reply. Cant wait, may catch up another weekend. We are going again June long weekend to camp up there...

I'm heading up to noosa the long weekend and going to head up to rainbow for the day. Can you hit teewah a couple of hours after high tide or is the coffee rock pretty bad still?

-Tyler

We've hit the coffee rock about 2hrs eitherside of low and that was about a month ago it would have improved since then I reckon.

Sounds like a good plan. But like Pez, was roped into work Saturday as well. Coffee rock was fun at times. We went up in March was pretty bad. Glad to hear it getting sorted out. I have a stock standard D40. Did bottom out a few times. But all part of the fun.

Hopefully next time im free for a trip up. Maybe just maybe long weekend. Have a good trip and be sure to give us a report of the coffee rock.

Brownie

for our first time out on the beach it was a heap of fun! we got onto the beach at about 10am (about half tide) and drove all the way up to double island point. A few bits of coffee rock to navigate around at half tide (nothing serious) but on the way home at low tide was easy to avoid. pretty windy (def need a sand dune for a break if camping) but nice to be out in the sun. we tried our hardest to get stuck in the soft sand but the good old 4wd navara was up for it all. very impressed with the vehicle and can't wait til the long weekend. all in all a great drive for a novice.

Good to hear it was a good trip and that the beach conditions are getting better. I'm hanging to get up there now.

-Tyler

Yep if our baby isnt here by long weekend we will be going up aswell. Wish you could take ya dog all the way up...

Good report and glad you had fun. Good to hear also that the coffee rock is getting better. It makes for some fun times. But my stock suspension knew where it was.

Good place for a play, my maiden voyage was Fraser. Totally worth it! We came back down that way, is a beautiful drive.

Latest posts

Back