D22 Front Diff Drop Kit

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nav-pilot

Reaction score
I was reading on here or another site a fair while ago now about a diif drop kit for the front of the d22.
Does anybody have any info on this, cant seem to find it now.
My front lokka should be in soon and i thought while i am mucking around with that that i might be able to do the diff drop at the same time.

Just got the s---- scared out of me 1/2 hour ago.
Its 42c here in Adelaide today and just heard planes & choppers going over head.
Went out side & there was smoke everywhere. Some Bar----- lit a fire 200 metres up the road from my place.
Luckily it went one direction & then straight back on itself.
Thanks to the cfs that jumped on it so quick. All out now.
Only ended up burning about 1/4 acre but was there some smoke.

10 minutes later about 8 kays away there was another lit. Dont know how that one is going.
String the barsteads up and lite a fire with them in the middle i say.

Cheers

I was reading on here or another site a fair while ago now about a diif drop kit for the front of the d22.
My front lokka should be in soon and i thought while i am mucking around with that that i might be able to do the diff drop at the same time.

String the barsteads up and lite a fire with them in the middle i say.

Make your own up? Just a few brackets, nothing complex.

We've been saying that for years about the firebugs here. Caught one recently but never caught another one who was causing trouble for years and years.

https://www.4x4parts.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=435_377_215&products_id=5277

Uses the std metal sleaves, which are almost impossible to remove without destroying 'em.

its only 3/8's of an inch ~10mm, seems hardly worth it.

what a waste.

"Helps with CV angles on lifted vehicles. Helpful when swapping in a R200 axle in place of R180 axle."

I call bullshit.

Thanks Guys.

Seems 10mm is hardly worth it.
Suppose every bit helps.
I will check it out when I take my bash plates off & remove the diff for the Lokka.

I ordered my diff drop bushes the other day from the states.
All up $98 with postage.
Still waiting on my lokka to come so hopefully they will both come at the same time.

https://www.4x4parts.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=435_377_215&products_id=5277

Uses the std metal sleaves, which are almost impossible to remove without destroying 'em.

its only 3/8's of an inch ~10mm, seems hardly worth it.

Right! cmon there has to be a 4wd parts retailer amongst us that can bring this and calmini stuff from the states for us???

Imagine all these gorgeous Nav's cruising the tracks, making these hilux owners look like pussies.
How come all these hilux's get to have all the sweet stuff, like reduction gears, dual transfers, 6in ifs kits, chromolly cv's and diffs that can turn a monster truck wheel. You would think with all the nav's out there that somebody would say "hey there might be market in this". I mean look at all the members on this forum that are just gagging for stuff like this to be readilly avable on oz shores.

I'm sorry, but it just twists my nads to know that all this stuff is out there, but we have to take the hard yards to find it and get it here.

Right! cmon there has to be a 4wd parts retailer amongst us that can bring this and calmini stuff from the states for us???

Imagine all these gorgeous Nav's cruising the tracks, making these hilux owners look like pussies.
How come all these hilux's get to have all the sweet stuff, like reduction gears, dual transfers, 6in ifs kits, chromolly cv's and diffs that can turn a monster truck wheel. You would think with all the nav's out there that somebody would say "hey there might be market in this". I mean look at all the members on this forum that are just gagging for stuff like this to be readilly avable on oz shores.

I'm sorry, but it just twists my nads to know that all this stuff is out there, but we have to take the hard yards to find it and get it here.

So true. But thats the way the cookie crumbles.
Damn it cookies shouldn't have to crumble that way!

If you go on the Calmini site there are two people that are supposed to be dealers, one of them being that "friendly guy" from snakeracing! He should be getting all that sweet gear for us, they make everything for Navs and some it of probably only needs minor modification!

does the diff drop lift the car at all? and also is it hard to fit? and one more thing what is the postage like from the states to here?
oh and will this kit fit an 05 d22 still the zd30 engine?

no it wont lift the car, the idea is that it changes the angles of the cv back to standard so you can lift it further

does the diff drop lift the car at all?

No, it just reduces the angle the CVs have to constantly operate at when you adjust the torsion bar pre-load to increase the front ride height

and also is it hard to fit?

Depends on your experience. I'd call it a 3/10

and one more thing what is the postage like from the states to here?

Get a quote, this kit weighs almost nothing (because it does almost nothing) so it won't hurt you too much

oh and will this kit fit an 05 d22 still the zd30 engine?

Yes

Joshy, if you wanted to lift it further you'd still have the control arm problem riding on the bump stops? It would only help cv's?

If a 10mm spacer kit is made surely someone could make up a 20mm, 30mm kit to make more of a difference?

i didnt look on the link, but a good diff drop kit should lower the lower arms aswell.

real interested to see how this kit goes aswell!,
I cant see why it cant be machined, found some hilux ones that look just like body lift blocks, it was a 1 inch block and there was another 1inch block for the sway bar.

how did you end up going installing your drop bushes?

mike

well that was the plan was to SAS it but i would of thought to SAS and put coils in the rear you wouldnt come out much under 15k...correct me if im wrong or if u know of some where i can get it done for under that?
cheers

Latest posts

Back