spot light theft

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maddogrc

Reaction score
hey all,
mate called today saying that his spot lights and battery were stolen off his truck while he was home at the farm.

how sad is that, that someone actually took the effort to go to his farm, drive in about 500m to the property, and undo all light fittings and battery fittings. sad sad fuker....

so it got me thinking as i am about to buy some narva ultima blue 225's for my ute and they're worth like 300 bucks; how do i prevent them from getting stolen?

barb wire around the base of nut? weld on a plate so they cant be accessed? custom car alarm? rig up a 12v fence zapper so people trying to steal get zapped, lol, what else could i do? i know you can get tamper proof nuts, but those are easy to get off...

simplest is weld a spot onto the bolts that hold em on, just enough to stop em coming off and then you just grind it back to take em off. but i like the fence zapper idea....altho i think id get a brick through all the windows if that happend..

haha i took a punch to the thread on mine, sot the bolt thats holdin em on isnt comin off. a bit of loctite was used, and some silicone to cover the rest of the thread and nut

well i got my lights and they're all set up

have 4 different sized nuts and 1 lock nut on each light bolt.

just wondering, should the lights be level (flat) or tilted down say 1 degree?

cheers

just depends where u want the light. Find an open space at nite and play around with the angles

Agree with Joshy, head out at 11 or later at night and find a deserted straight road, if you can get a tree lined road even better, this way you'll be able to spend some time lining up the light, having the trees over the road helps you to see if you are pointing too much light up in the air, some light up high is good but you want the main beam heading down the road at the same level as the light or slightly below for maximum range.

Ha ha this brings back memories of a mate of mine that lost his car in a creek while trying to adjust his lights.....remember, put the hand break on before leaving the car....:big_smile:

with mine you have to take off a bash plate to get to the nuts. also use ny-lock nuts too and do em up really tight

Riley Road in Mundaring is where we used to set our lights up during the middle of the night. Nearly every night after running over letterboxes and bins n other stuff lol

Riley Road in Mundaring is where we used to set our lights up during the middle of the night. Nearly every night after running over letterboxes and bins n other stuff lol

Gotta have the lights well setup mate, you could miss potential letter boxes if the lights aren't aligned right. :big_smile:

lights work great!

just wondering tho, is the wide beam supposed to be brighter than the pencil beam? its just that i got the light with the edges in the reflector (what i always thought is the pencil beam) on the right side, and it doesnt seem all that bright compared to the plain reflector (wide beam) on the left side. to me it looks like the pencil goes a bit further, but its not as bright, or is that normal?

Hard to say mate, the pencil beam could look not as bright as it is projecting its light a lot further down the road, where as the wide beam spread its light out sideways giving the appearance that its brighter.

When you look directly at the lights from the front a few metres in front of the car do they look even brightness, if one is low on voltage you should be able to see the difference.

lights work great!

just wondering tho, is the wide beam supposed to be brighter than the pencil beam? its just that i got the light with the edges in the reflector (what i always thought is the pencil beam) on the right side, and it doesnt seem all that bright compared to the plain reflector (wide beam) on the left side. to me it looks like the pencil goes a bit further, but its not as bright, or is that normal?

Are you looking at the lights in the dead centre of the beam? Get an assistant to cover each in turn for comparison.

I would expect the spread beam light to be brighter off the centre of the beam.

PeterD

ok, well i had both lights on, from about 2m back the bulbs look the same brightness, but when i look into the spot light directly, its brighter/hurts to look at more XD

i just thought pencil beam would be brighter when in front of as its supposed to be focused in?

I was just re-reading your original post and I think you might have your idea of the lights round backwards, the reflector with no mouldings in it is the pencil beam, and the one with the multiple facets is the wide beam.

Latest posts

Back