My ChipIt Experience (How you're valued as a customer!)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDOld07

Reaction score
After originally placing an order for my ChipIt module on 17/03/2013 @ 17:43 a few weeks of delays while "bugs and issues" were sorted. Then after being told, I would be kept at the back of the list until I paid for the still unready ChipIt module, I somehow convinced myself I should pay for the order to "secure my place in the queue" on 13/04/2013 @ 10:00. After no response, I re-prompted for my payment to be processed on 17/04/2013 @ 07:53. My payment was duly processed and confirmed on 17/04/2013 09:00.

After 5 follow-ups initiated by me chasing my order between 17/04/2013 and 18/06/2013 and numerous (obviously) stone cold lies about it about to be being sent; I was given a mobile number to text my order info to and that my order might receive priority as a result. So I duly forwarded my order info to the mobile number provided on 19/06/2013 09:45.

I received a response advising (AGAIN) that is was about to be sent by text from Justin (Director or ChipIt). Around a week later on 25/06/2013 @ 11:10 I sent another text advising that I had not yet received either the product or a tracking number as was indicated in the original text reply. I then received another text from Justin on 25/06/2013 @ 20:45 advising that it had been shipped that afternoon and he would provide the tracking number in the morning.

After receiving nothing by way of response or product on 02/07/2013 @ 13:34 I sent another text advising that I had received nothing and was over the whole thing and requested he ask Robert to refund my order.

At 02/07/2013 @ 14:09 I received a text response from Justin, the director of ChipIt from whom I had already purchased a chip module for another vehicle and and EGT gauge and was trying to make another purchase of about $1500. The following is verbatim what I received and was shocked into posting my experience even though I don't have the time for (I found some time after receiving this!):

"You ring him , you bought it from him , Chip Tuning not Chip It , I am pissed off as you are , as I am answering ****ing sms messages all ****ing day and phone calls and can't get the work done to finish the ****en kits. Cheers Justin"

Then I got a picture of a biker that says
"What rhymes with complaint ... Your misses will be raped"

Then another sms that read:

"Wrong picture , take no notice of it dam it , 46 sms today and 27 phone calls because of that **** Robert , ta."

Chipit1.jpg

Chipit2.jpg

Chipit3.jpg

Chipit4.jpg

I can't believe this response and felt it my obligation to share this experience so you can way it in your decision making process when buying a chip for your vehicle. I personally will not be installing a ChipIt module any of my vehicles again!

I NEVER had such an experience but things may and do change chip tuning and chipit are two differnt companies robert has been very good to me but the bike dude with no muscle is a week way to say f,,ck off obviously some hatred between the two but any threat must b e taken as serious if you are concerned refer all of your threats to the police.

As 180deg has always said go with the steinbauer if mine shits i have two gooses that are shareholders in the same company that now are at war as far as i see my choice was poor thank goodness i can bypass the chip if it sh..ys itself to be real the components in that chip would cost less than 50 bucks the case is worth more than the circuit. Nobody should be treated like this and thank your for posting this.

As 180deg has always said go with the steinbauer if mine shits i have two gooses that are shareholders in the same company that now are at war as far as i see my choice was poor thank goodness i can bypass the chip if it sh..ys itself to be real the components in that chip would cost less than 50 bucks the case is worth more than the circuit. Nobody should be treated like this and thank your for posting this.

Iv'e said exactly the same , and quite a bit on another chip it thread here , and brings so much dajavu its not funny , i feel for this bloke

this should hardly come as a surprise to anyone, I have warned people about Chip it and Chip tuning hopefully no one else on this forum buys a chip it chip herein.

also move over Roo Systems we have a new company that is run by imbeciles...

Last edited:
wow, makes me wish i never grabbed one of there products purely due to there horrible customer service.

Wow what a joke this has turned out to be.

So have they gone bust or what?

No as people are like sheep , this will fade away and the next flock will rush to feed at the troughs
sadly these company's will continue to thrive , as memories are short and people only stay on these forums a short time , ask any of these companies " hard " questions , and the smoke n mirrors will appear every time , ive asked on other threads , and get ignored , and its human nature to want every thing for nothing , which is mostly what these companies promise

No as people are like sheep , this will fade away and the next flock will rush to feed at the troughs
sadly these company's will continue to thrive , as memories are short and people only stay on these forums a short time , ask any of these companies " hard " questions , and the smoke n mirrors will appear every time , ive asked on other threads , and get ignored , and its human nature to want every thing for nothing , which is mostly what these companies promise

You might know me as a straight shooter and hard question asker already. I used to post as Northside 4x4. Ive put every question under the sun to chipit.

I just heard from a few other business owners that they have since closed their doors over in WA

thats why i was thinking of going the supercar performance module...

atleat i know of a dealer i can go to and it doesnt f##k with the rail pressure

And the Chipit module I got sent supposedly being brand new you would think...... was actually second hand - it had obvious dirt in the crevices when I pulled it out of the box! Works okay though.

You might know me as a straight shooter and hard question asker already. I used to post as Northside 4x4. Ive put every question under the sun to chipit.

I just heard from a few other business owners that they have since closed their doors over in WA

that you Lyndsay? what happened to posting as northside?

anyway welcome back

And the Chipit module I got sent supposedly being brand new you would think...... was actually second hand - it had obvious dirt in the crevices when I pulled it out of the box! Works okay though.

When did you actually get your Chipit module? Is it one of the Dom 3 kits that everyone seems to have issues with?

Regards
Rainsey

I was talking to Robert from chip tuning today about a boost T and blanking plate for my 2.5D22, while on the phone he tried to sell me there DOM1 module that increases fuel rail pressure, I already have a steinbauer and 3" exhaust, he said that the Dom 1 module will work with my current chip to give some really impressive gains using both fuel rail and injector tweaking.... I hope you got the 10% Nav Asia discount that he was trying to sell me on

Latest posts

Back