My ChipIt Experience (How you're valued as a customer!)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You might know me as a straight shooter and hard question asker already. I used to post as Northside 4x4. Ive put every question under the sun to chipit.

I just heard from a few other business owners that they have since closed their doors over in WA

the well written chip comparison thread you wrote up was very helpful also.
For someone like myself that knows nothing about chips it was very explanatory. Still confused as to what chip will give best bang for buck though so I have just given up.

Yes it is Lindsay 180Degrees.

I ceased working at NS4x4 mid april for a few reasons thus have stopped posting under their name.

Not to sure why SunnyCoaster is looking at buying a chipit as an upgrade from a steinbauer lol? Thats more of a downgrade in my opinion.

As for the DieselSmart module, ZMOG!!!! IT IS JUST A REBADGED DTE UNIT! Ive been saying it for like 2 years now.
You can buy them in the normal case out of the UK for about $480pounds or buy them off Diesel Smart Salesman with their case for about $1400 AUD

Not only are the reselling another product and claiming it as their own , like roo system's did (know what happened there right?)

But they are telling everyone absolute lies on what it can and cannot do!
Injection timing, what a load of shit.
3D Mapping, What a load of shit...
Almost all of their features.... Load of well..... Crap.

Its dam embarrassing to be in the industry when there are companies out there like Roo, Chipit and Diesel Smart that are abusing their trusted position in the industry to make ALOT of money while praying on peoples trust. People wonder why I get worked up and start dishing out post's like this.....

6 months ago, everyone was on Chipits side and I was the bad guy for asking the hard questions....

I ceased working at NS4x4 mid april for a few reasons thus have stopped posting under their name.

Not to sure why SunnyCoaster is looking at buying a chipit as an upgrade from a steinbauer lol? Thats more of a downgrade in my opinion.

As for the DieselSmart module, ZMOG!!!! IT IS JUST A REBADGED DTE UNIT! Ive been saying it for like 2 years now.
You can buy them in the normal case out of the UK for about $480pounds or buy them off Diesel Smart Salesman with their case for about $1400 AUD

Not only are the reselling another product and claiming it as their own , like roo system's did (know what happened there right?)

But they are telling everyone absolute lies on what it can and cannot do!
Injection timing, what a load of shit.
3D Mapping, What a load of shit...
Almost all of their features.... Load of well..... Crap.

Its dam embarrassing to be in the industry when there are companies out there like Roo, Chipit and Diesel Smart that are abusing their trusted position in the industry to make ALOT of money while praying on peoples trust. People wonder why I get worked up and start dishing out post's like this.....

6 months ago, everyone was on Chipits side and I was the bad guy for asking the hard questions....

stienbuaher aside (too pricey) what other chips dont change the rail pressure

not me
i have always been sus on a $1200 resistor with a few plugs
and to think
i had a weak moment and nearly bought one
thank god i took the time to drive to one of there "shops":rofl:
ime saving my pennies for a steinbaeur

you keep asking all the hard questions mate
we will keep listening

Last edited:

Oh well welcome back then mate :love sign:

stienbuaher aside (too pricey) what other chips dont change the rail pressure

depends if its for a ZD30 or YD25, for ZD30 they all seem to work the same way by holding the spill valve open longer, on a YD25 the stenbauer and VMN chips are the only ones I know of that change the injector duration not rail pressure.

honestly you can't put a price on your engines reliability so if your unsure about a chip don't get it imo.

I bought my Chipit this time last year.
It was a fast over the phone transaction. A little under $1000 I believe it Came overnight, and I've never had a problem ( touch wood).
Egr blocked as well and I'm very happy with the truck.

If something was to go wrong it's great to see its easier to turf it then try for warranty! Or customer service.

Thank god for forums like this, at least a bit of truth and honesty surface occasionally instead us all being dry reamed by unscrupulous assholes pretending to be business men.
I have no intention of putting a chip in and never have but still find things like this a good read / educational.

And yet amongst all this, there is not one word from the ChitIt rep.. You'd think if they would even have one ounce of business acumen they / he would come online, apologise and clear this whole thing up..

Sad state it that too many people think it's ok to treat customers like crap... Well your failing business is going to shout back at you NO IT'S NOT OK..

Cheers to the OP for posting.. This will save many others the same mistakes..

The good thing is, anyone who feels the need to "advise" him on how to run a business, his mobile number is in the first post... Lol

@DieselTuner.... I called old mate to ask about a EGR blank and a boost T, next thing you no he's telling me if I want some serious power to run the Dom 1 chip as well as the Steinbauer, it was never my intention to do so...... Old mate Robert from Chip Tune was just trying the hard sell, I went with the Steinbauer chip because I researched all the other peanuts before I bought it

Its all much of muchness in the chip world guys.

Basically its Unichip >> Everything else. I dont sell them or tune them anymore so im really not saying it from a profit point of view or anything money related.
They are just simply better at everything.

They are fairly expensive, and do have alot of features some people will never use but ive always tried to use the best products available in what I do, and that they are.

If your limiting the options down to a pressure only chip and your big concern is price, then go with a tuneit. The have both pressure chips, and are actually the first company to offer full ecu reflashing on D40's with amazing results.

Yes im still in the industry, working at A1 Caboolture Exhaust and Mechanical at the moment. No dyno there just yet, but Craig and myself are doing what we can to try and really expand the business into the 4wd and especially diesel performance market as soon as possible.

I still help quite alot of forum members that knew I made the move to Cab Ex with diagnosing problems, servicing and repairs on their d22/d40's. When necessary I rent another local dyno if I need to, to get the job done right.

Hi Guys

Sorry, been away.

I don't know where think Chip It has closed their doors. Just another low act by Diesel Tuner trying to con people his way. Diesel Tuner, instead of posting here you could have EASILY called to see if your info had any credence. I know why you didn't. You then wouldn't have been able to post your slop. lol.

That's OK. I know you by now ... don't expect anything else tough guy behind a keyboard

not me
i have always been sus on a $1200 resistor with a few plugs
and to think
i had a weak moment and nearly bought one
thank god i took the time to drive to one of there "shops":rofl:
ime saving my pennies for a steinbaeur

you keep asking all the hard questions mate
we will keep listening

What makes you think it was a resistor Chip Sparra? Its not. Never has been ... never will be

I bought my Chipit this time last year.
It was a fast over the phone transaction. A little under $1000 I believe it Came overnight, and I've never had a problem ( touch wood).
Egr blocked as well and I'm very happy with the truck.

If something was to go wrong it's great to see its easier to turf it then try for warranty! Or customer service.

Mike dont fall worry, your Chip and warranty and customer service is still top of the priority list

G'day Rob,
You seemed to reply to the questions and statements posted about various other topics that seem minor compared to the drama surrounding the original post.

I thought that the opening post would of been a little more important to clairify than the combination of chips or re assuring previous customers.

Just my view on things.

Cheers, Mick

Latest posts

Back