Deep river Crossing

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here is the full sequence of pics.

Good pic Nathan did you have a tarp on?

Nah no tarp mate, just eased in until i was confident the fan was under then built a bit of momentum, that way it wasnt going to flex and hit the radiator.

Nice your a game man, any water in the cabin?

No water in at all, i've found as long as your on the move the seals hold well, BUT stop at all and then it another story.

well done mate
nice bow wave
were you the crash test dummy?

I was actually "TEC" the other Nathan in the "natural energy" Landy was first.
My wife was second in her Hilux, she thought it was great!
Brads Patrol with its big lift and 35's went through and the bonnet only got wet half way up.

Last edited:
Well you know you snorkel is sealed i normally let it cool a little and listen for the fan to cut out and as you say ease in then go when the fan is under you can also tie it back if need be i have had grommets blow in and soak the carpet but then again my hard core days are over now it's more for the scenery.

Well you know you snorkel is sealed i normally let it cool a little and listen for the fan to cut out and as you say ease in then go when the fan is under you can also tie it back if need be i have had grommets blow in and soak the carpet but then again my hard core days are over now it's more for the scenery.

This crossing was less then 1km from camp so nothing had been working very hard and the motor was only just coming up to full running temp.

We actually got about 5cm of snow on saturday night, so the scenery driving out through the mountains and valleys was awesome.

thought i recognised the cars
you live in a great area mate
i need to spend more time down your way
wheres the muster being held next year??????????

thought i recognised the cars
you live in a great area mate
i need to spend more time down your way
wheres the muster being held next year??????????

I`m lead to believe it was in Vic and this years its QLD so i can only assume next year will be rather local? and around the Jindy area would be perfect, maybe not so high up though, might be a bit white and cold.

nice one nathan, nothing gets the heart going more than a deep water crossing, I didnt think you would like deep water after sinking the d22?

bryan

I`m lead to believe it was in Vic and this years its QLD so i can only assume next year will be rather local? and around the Jindy area would be perfect, maybe not so high up though, might be a bit white and cold.

that crossing is at Abercrombie River National Park which is about 50km east of Oberon NSW, Or about 150km from Goulburn toward Oberon

nice one nathan, nothing gets the heart going more than a deep water crossing, I didnt think you would like deep water after sinking the d22?

bryan

The D22 was a different situation and was my fault for having a big boat on a slimy steep boat ramp and not have the hubs locked in, the ute slid back and the tub floated leaving me with no drive and not realising the wheels had t]left the ramp i tried to drive out but taking my foot off the brake just made it worse and it just slipped in to the point of no return.
apparently the president of the boat club did the same thing only a month before me and said countless people had done it.
I was the last straw and the club has had big grooves/trenches cut into the ramp after that and from all reports it hasnt happened since

Maybe the pic looks a little more dramatic than it was but form what I can see. It wouldn't take much to go wrong for that to end in total disaster and I don't mean for the truck. I mean for you.

that crossing is at Abercrombie River National Park which is about 50km east of Oberon NSW, Or about 150km from Goulburn toward Oberon

The D22 was a different situation and was my fault for having a big boat on a slimy steep boat ramp and not have the hubs locked in, the ute slid back and the tub floated leaving me with no drive and not realising the wheels had t]left the ramp i tried to drive out but taking my foot off the brake just made it worse and it just slipped in to the point of no return.
apparently the president of the boat club did the same thing only a month before me and said countless people had done it.
I was the last straw and the club has had big grooves/trenches cut into the ramp after that and from all reports it hasnt happened since

ohhh right well that a way didfferent story, also the other pic of this in your photo bucket is better!!

bryan

Maybe the pic looks a little more dramatic than it was but form what I can see. It wouldn't take much to go wrong for that to end in total disaster and I don't mean for the truck. I mean for you.

Yeah that photo shows the brief moment at the last 5 or so meters where it dipped a little and is the most dramatic pic, it really was no where near total disaster, you could easily walk across with out the flow of the water pushing you over and none of the cars moved off line at all.
I would not of sent my wife in her Hilux through if i even thought it would go wrong, combined there was over 50 years of 4x4 experience amongst us and over $200k in vehicles so no one was taking any unnecessary risks.

ohhh right well that a way didfferent story, also the other pic of this in your photo bucket is better!!

bryan

Its actually the same pic i just cropped the first one so it worked better for the slide show.
But here it is for those that want to see the un-cut version.

Not sure why but i seem to have a little moisture in my headlights and small puddles on my fog lights :dontknow:
I just dont understand how :hmmmm2: :sarcastic:

Last edited:
anyone got any tips on how to dry out the inside of the lights?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back