gps dvd player?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pepsi_boy22

Reaction score
Yeah, it'll fit. These 'China' brand DVD players are pretty good value for money. get a reverse camera as well while your at it.
I notice that the resolution is only 480x240. That is really poor, hence the low price.
You should get one with a resolution of 800x420 and with DBT (digital tv) tuner as well - since analog tv signals will be phased out in a year or so. You can get one from an Aussie seller for about $600 all up including shipping and it even comes with pre-loaded Aussie maps.
Good thing with buying from Aussie seller rather than HK seller is that it arrives to your door in about 2 days - instead of 2 weeks, warranty is easier to arrange if something goes wrong and you don't have to pay additional charges through customs.

Fitting is a piece of cake. If you can install a 'normal' car stereo unit, you can install this. The only hassle is running the cabling for the rear view camera.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.
My motto in life is you pay for what you get, myself and a few friends are sick of cheap chinese crap that fails in the first week of usage.

Welcome to the forum.
My motto in life is you pay for what you get, myself and a few friends are sick of cheap chinese crap that fails in the first week of usage.

True, but only to some degree. Do you realize that some of the Pioneer and Kenwood systems you buy are made by the same company that makes these DVD systems in China? The internals are pretty much all the same.

In essence, you are getting the same system but without the brand name tax.

Do your research and buy smart. Don't let brand names dictate what you buy.

Last edited:
I dont buy pioneer or kenwood for that reason, thats why there cheap in the first place, my car radios that i used to buy nothing was under $1500 in this shop. A small shop nothing like jb or strathfield.

I have the Pioneer F900BT in mine. DVD, GPS, MP3 (iPod connector in glove box), reverse camera, it's actually a very good unit. Only problem is the price tag - $3,000 fitted.

Be careful that you don't mess up the earth wire on it, because your dash depends on that too.

my brother got some headrests off the same company
HD702 2X7" Headrest In Car Monitor Pillow 2 DVD Player - eBay Players, Audio, Video, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 10-Feb-10 21:42:54 AEDST)

the quality is unbaliveable for the price and the screen quality is good, better then the ones i have seen at shops.

It still amazes me that with the current technology in LCD screens, big companies like Pioneer and Kenwood are still producing car DVD players with a resolution of only 480X240 and charging a premium for them.
I went to Tonkins the other day and the guy wanted to charge me $3000 for a 480x240 resolution Pioneer system with dvd gps and reverse camera fully installed. If I wanted digital tv, he told me that I would have to put in another $800 for a 'no name' digital receiver.:eek2:

I laughed and told him that I can get a 800x420 resolution one with everything including the digital tv for $600. He said, "yeah, I know. But that's how we make a living. If everyone was as knowledgeable as you, we wouldn't be in business now would we?" :laugh:

yea 7" works and looks fine...iv got a eonen and works great...il take a pic so u can have a better idea.

also its recommended that u dont drive while watching videos so they have inplaced a pink cable (universal) which is supposed to be connected to ur hand brake...u can simply earth that cable and works fine.

GPS, DVD, Bluetooth

I have a VMS AVCN in car unit does everything, GPS road and off road, DVD, bluetooth, Ipod, Reverse camera. The unit comes with an adapter to plug into original wiring loom and does not need a different facia. Cost install $2000. only down side no TV (how important is that anyways).

Latest posts

Back