Can't decide on sat nav/ DVD player

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V9x

Reaction score
Hey guys, I can't decide on a new head unit for my 2012 stx . I'm going to set up a reverse camera and I wanted DTV capabilities as well ,Just in case I needed to watch the footy and I was away in the bush hahahaha

I wish I could afford a brand name unit but the finance minister wouldn't approve such a thing .

This is the unit I'm thinking of buying

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/7-In-Das...-TV-SET-TOP-BOX-DVB-T-GPS-14SGD-/130860338388

Anyone had any experience with this or similar units?

Cheers

Last edited:
Not that one but my all in one is a pain every time software updates on the iPhone are installed.... just something to watch for

When you say pain ,what specifically do you mean ? Bluetooth calls? Playing music? More info please : )

its a pity but quite a few of the asian specials have surpassed the brand name stereos...you will probably end up with a more feature packed one from ebay.
the one in the link looks good.i like the user interface it has.most of the bells and whistles are there too.tv reception may not be as good as it says ...better Arial may be needed.check with them as to how easy the steering wheel controls are to set up (if fitted to your car)
some are super easy some are not

Yeah I'm worried how it will go with the steering wheel controls . Does say it works with them but how well lol I hope it should be a straight forward install that I can manage myself , but if it gets out of hand I might need hired help hahaha

I was looking at a similar one for myself. No TV in the model I was looking at http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/7-HD-In-...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c3098d684 As it's not important to me but on a long inter state trip want the AM radio side of it to pull in a weak signal. From the research I've done something there not particularly good at but still with all those features for the price there hard to go past.

Will be very interested to hear what the performance of the unit is like if you go ahead with it.

There is another thread here bout ennon...?ones with a website link and some ebay ones.most were happy.they have a feature with steerwheel controls.its just a matter of going thru the setup and your away.just depends if the one you are looking at has the right pinnout on the plug.probably will most are plug and play these days.

I was looking at a similar one for myself. No TV in the model I was looking at http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/7-HD-In-...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c3098d684 As it's not important to me but on a long inter state trip want the AM radio side of it to pull in a weak signal. From the research I've done something there not particularly good at but still with all those features for the price there hard to go past.

Will be very interested to hear what the performance of the unit is like if you go ahead with it.

That's the model I started off looking at .. Seems pretty good, and I nearly bought it but the DTV swayed me over to the model I posted.. I just bought the one I posted the link for .fingers crossed it works good . I bought a number plate reverse camera for $25 off someone else on eBay . Bash plates purchased too :redcool:

There is another thread here bout ennon...?ones with a website link and some ebay ones.most were happy.they have a feature with steerwheel controls.its just a matter of going thru the setup and your away.just depends if the one you are looking at has the right pinnout on the plug.probably will most are plug and play these days.

I hope it all works together , as I love steering wheel controls .. Once you get used to technology it's hard to live without

V9x

I have a pioneer F900bt and By pain I meant the pioneer updates don't keep up with the phone updates. So updating your phone means it may not Bluetooth until the radio is updated too. And the radio isn't updated as often as phones are. Just something extra to think about matey

That's the model I started off looking at .. Seems pretty good, and I nearly bought it but the DTV swayed me over to the model I posted.. I just bought the one I posted the link for .fingers crossed it works good . I bought a number plate reverse camera for $25 off someone else on eBay . Bash plates purchased too :redcool:

Ok! Very much looking forward to see how it works out for you.

V9x

I have a pioneer F900bt and By pain I meant the pioneer updates don't keep up with the phone updates. So updating your phone means it may not Bluetooth until the radio is updated too. And the radio isn't updated as often as phones are. Just something extra to think about matey

Ah I see . Yeah that would be a pain . I don't update my phone much so I'll be ok hopefully . Will see how I go. Thanks for the info mate

Well attempted install of the unit today . Does not work with 2012 stx . Aerial plug is different steering wheel controls won't work, different plugs , and is wrong fit in dash. nav is double din face and single din unit . No good at all : ( installed GME UHF instead today so got something done .

Finally got new head unit in today . Reverse camera working sweet, steering wheel controls working . A word of warning to all new nav owners , only buy plug and play units other units will not work with your aerial ,steering wheel controls , and other accessories . They cost more but they work and they mount flush with the dash and the CDs go straight in through the slot, no opening the face to put discs in. Will post finsished pics ASAP .

Guys, if you want it to work perfectly buy the eclipse AVN827GA . Mates unit in STX is awesome - better than the unit in my ST-X550 gps unit. Sound is awesome and works great with iphone. GPS is 1st class.

Only just saw you had probs with fit. I was gonna say about the size. Generally 7" is to big for the Nav. I think standard is 105x170.

The eclipse unit is that a direct plug and play job? Does the usb port in the centre console still work?? What is needed to utilise all of the buttons on the wheel inc the answer hangup button?

Latest posts

Back