d40 not heating up and others thoughts

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripps

Reaction score
i have a 2009 d40 navara stx and have noticed it does not heat up at all at idle i have sat it there before for 45 minutes and temperature gauge has not moved. on the d22 navaras they have a heat up switch when you flick it the engine idles at a higher speed which in returns make it warm up. i have sat and held my foot on the accelarator to bring the revs up at idle and this does make it heat up. just wanting to know other peoples thoughts because it is a pain in the ass with frost of a mornin and not bein able to heat up and clear the windscreen

I have the same problem.

The european models have a warm-up switch down on the panel just above your left knee where the blanking plug thing is.
I looked into getting a switch but unfortunitly our Nav's don't have the wiring for it.

Give it a short warm up and start driving it mate, its better for them than idling cold for 5 minutes let alone 45mins.

i agree i've never let any of my previous cars idle for more than a few minutes. just start her up to get all the fluids flowing and drive for the next 10 minutes short shifting and keeping the revs low until it comes to temp. you can clear the windscreen with a/c regardless of temp.

i was just sayin that i sat it there for 45 mins to see if it would warm up i dont do i am just sayin they dont warm up which i reckon is shit in my opinion

diesels in general take ages to warm up, You would think though with all the technology in them they would have some way of warming up fast at idle.

I can't say I've noticed. I start mine, it idles while the in-dash system comes online and we all do our seatbelts up, I check the doors, then start to move the car. On the road, it's warm in no time.

I might try idling it for a bit just to see what happens.

Mine's garaged over night so frosty windows aren't an issue for me but on the engine warming side of things with these colder mornings I can start the car, drive it out of the garage, wait for the garage door to close while the belts go on and the window goes up etc then drive about 7ks to my parents place and the engine still wont be up to what I consider normal.

According to scangauge my engine when running for a decent period of time sits between 90 and 95 degrees in most outside temps under about 35 degrees. A few mornings lately after 7ks of 50km roads with roundabouts not traffic lights and 2 school crossing my engine temp can still be between 70 and 75. Anything more than that distance and it doesn't take the engine long to get up to the average 90 but some cold mornings it just takes it's time reaching that normal temp. Just like it's owner sometimes it takes time warming up to the day ahead.

Latest posts

Back