D21 Dizzy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark30

Reaction score
G'day,replaced my blown D21 ka24e with one from the wreckers, it was out of a 96 4wd twin cab where as mine is a 92 2wd twin cab everthing bolted up fine until we went to put in the dizzy. The hole centres on the block are at 100mm's where as the holr centres on the dizzy are at 85mm's so in order to get the dizzy to fit the wreckers cut the mounting slots to the shit house so they could mount the bloody thing then used hugely oversized washers under the mounting bolts as a sort of clamp. I took it to Nissan but they have no idea what dizzy is supposed to suit this engine as they can only tell you if you have the Vin Number and as it was not the original engine out of the car i got it from. The main problem is that the dizzy keeps running out of tune and going thru petrol like there was no tomorrow. A mate of my old man's said it could be a Japanese import but how would you be able to tell, if anyone might be able to offer some suggestions on how i could fix it as it's sending me broke with having to fill the bloody thing up all the time. Averaging 20 litres per 100 k's:sad:

It's a bit out there, but you could replace the distributor with a distributorless system
DIY Distributorless Ignition
I haven't done it, and I don't imagine it's a cheap option.

The KA24E was used in a number of other cars like 240SX. A lot of Nisan parts are interchangeable - see if there are any other 4 cyl nissans at the wreckers and check out their distributors.

Thanks for the response,the engine came out of a 96 twin cab d21 ka24e 2.4L petrol 4wd same as mine but mine is a 92, 2wd. The dizzy out of the engine was the same as mine but like all wreckers they will only sell the engine less all bolt on bits so i had to use mine. I said to the guy at the wreckers that their was no f-ing way that the dizzy that was in it was the right one, he said it was in it when they bought it but as i wasn't there at the time of sale i really couldn't argue.I think they sold the origanal dizzy and just tried to bullshit me when i complained. When i first put the engine in the car and my mechanic mate tried to time it the slots in the dizzy was 20mm past the bolt holes thats why they had to cut the slots to bits, even at nissan they couldn't get the bolts to line up. One big head ache,should have rebuilt my own motor at least everything fitted. Hopefully this extra info might help. CHEERS

How did you end up fixing this issue? I have just ran into the same problem. KA24 from wreckers, missing Dizzy. Mines a 1992 4x4. Have yet to start the engine but anticipating having to modify the slots to keep Dizzy from moving.

Latest posts

Back