VG30DETT into D22 Petrol Navara?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kadava_DnB

Reaction score
Hi guys, first post and I may be asking a bit much but here it goes...

I currently have a year 2000 d22 Navara. Its a VG30E petrol, manual and its racked up 450,000kms and still going well. But its slow.... I have a cracked exhaust manifold so had planned on putting on a nice exhaust and extractors to get it going a tad quicker. It also needs a bit of other work like pullys and dizzy cap, new leads etc. Anyways after a few beers i thought maybe id be better off putting in a new motor something with more guts, after researching holden v6 conversion costs I gave the idea a miss until I read (on here I think) of someone putting in a VG30DETT out of a Z32 300zx. That'll give me a tad more take off lol. After a bit of gumtree'ing i found donor twin turbo z32's are quite cheap, even with low kms and now im very keen on the idea!

But i'd love to know what hidden catches are from anyone who has done it or had this idea before? I plan on buying a complete z32 300zx so Ill have engine and all bolt ons, bell housing, fuel pump, ecu and loom. Whats left will get sold as parts. I did read the navara will need a 2" body lift. But what else will go wrong? Engine mounts? I can't find any build threads :(

Any advise for or against the idea will be greatly appreciated. There's not a lot of info I could find but im thinking maybe its not that common because a lot of people have diesels more so than because its not a viable option.

I should also mention I'm a bit of home mechanic, i plan on doing it myself but im no engineer and havent attempted anything like this before lol.

Cheers!

The VG30DETT is a direct bolt up to the gearbox as they share the same box. They are a very wide motor, almost a cube in shape. There is a build thread on pirates 4x4 of someone doing it in the states but I cannot remember where it is listed. One of the big issues is the wiring, if you can get that sorted you are in the game.

I did read up on this thread mentioned about the conversion. I wanted a v6 nav as a toy. A couple of issues I remembered were, wiring to match, exhaust system was on issue, has to cut inner gaurds to get motor to fit as it as heaps wider then the vg30e, the list went on. If you can find the thread it's worth the read.

Other option is to rebuild your motor and install your own turbo setup or instal a supercharger which has been done using a chevy camaro supercharger and custom plenum and intake setup. I found both of these using Google

Rusty

Latest posts

Back