d22 front diff

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

googie

Reaction score
Has anyone any ideas on where to pick up a R180A front diff , in the Melb area for a descent price ( i know new nissan want $1200 would be happy with a second hand one ) any ideas on price??? will a R200A slot staight in for a replacement on a D22 ??? or are the ratio's different

Cheers Matty

Any idea what the part/ model numbers are for the rite ratio's to suit the diesel d22 are for the r 200a ???

No idea but the ratio and R200A came in the VG30E powered D22's.

VG30E powered D22 is 4.375 like the ZD30 but with the stronger front diff and rear diff.

The VG33E powered D22 went to 4.636,

Dave.

Finally tracked down a R200a with 4:3 ratios ! I remember reading somewhere that i need to get different CV's now as the 200A is narrower than the 180A ! Has anybody any ideas whats CV configuration i will now need ? so it will be the same track as the old one ???? Looking forward to having a front locker soon !!!

Last edited:
I have the same diff in the shed and 2 sets of CV's I bought off josh if you need pics etc or measurements.

Dave.

depends on the flanges of the r200, the one i had that dave now has, the cvs are v6 inner cv and flange, diesel shaft and outer cv (its been a while but i think thats right). the bolt pattern on the one i had was different to the r180 hence needing the petrol inner cv. Any C.V mob should be able to make them up for you.

I get the new diff in a couple of days time so i will check the flanges and see if i have a match !!! Cheers guys for the info very much appreciated !!! Will be nice to have a diff i can rely in now

Cheers MATTY

depends on the flanges of the r200, the one i had that dave now has, the cvs are v6 inner cv and flange, diesel shaft and outer cv (its been a while but i think thats right). the bolt pattern on the one i had was different to the r180 hence needing the petrol inner cv.

What a pain.

The one I have has the right flanges but the wrong subframe mounts so I'll have to do a custom job on them. Wish Nissan just made one that bolts in. :idea:

Ah that is a pain, i was so relieved when mine just bolted into where the old one was.

finally installed the new front diff today !! It had the same flanges as the existing CV's !!! After pulling the old 180A out and placing the the new 200A ,next to it and taking all the measurements , both the diffs have the same dimentions !!! not 20mm shorter as i thought it would be , Lucky for me a straight change over bolted in a treat ( was innitally a bit worried it was a bit close to the sump ) once all the bolts were in i now have about 9 mm of clearance . I got the diff for $ 450 ,now just up for $1700 for a air locker from ARB

Hmmmm, I might see if I can order the flanges that match the R180 through Nizzbits for ease of parts.

Dave.

No idea what V6 D22 it was extracted from :( I tried to get a model so i could post it on the forum for everyone else !!! The guys at the wreakers didn't know unfortunatly !!!!

so if you get the v6 diff with the right flanges the original 3ltr diesel cv.s will match??

If you get the rite V6 d22 R200A Diff, you will be able to use your existing Cv's !!! Im heading back to the wreckers tomorrow ! hopefully the boss who was not in on friday! will be back in and he may be able to shed some light on which model .The one a got came out of ( fingers crossed he will be able to help )

Latest posts

Back