Barrington Tops run. Pics added, about 80 or so from page 12.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dave

Barrington Tops run.

Anyone else in the Hunter keen ?

Tony and I are there.

Dave.

As Dave has noted, my wife and I are in.

I think we should meet up in the park on the north side of Gloucester just through the roundabout heading towards Barrington - just as you pass the service station is the entry, on the left.

We'll have our Engel on board and a kilo of thin sausages, a loaf of bread and a bunch of cold soft drink (diet and full hyperactivity versions). There's a good chance we'll have tea and coffee stuff too.

I should have enough recovery gear to get anyone out of trouble.

In order to not get INTO trouble and since we can't predict how the weather's going to be up that way - we'll be passing through Polblue Swamp where it snows, so at this time of year we should have snow chains on board just in case.

We need to organise a time. This weekend is out, I've actually got work on Saturday.

Dave and Tony, You could count me in but not for a few weeks as I am working the next couple of weekends.But don`t let me hold anyone up.

Hopefully we will be in. Will have to play it by ear though, will now more when we come up with a date. I have no snow chains though. Are they expensive?

Shaun

Ill ring a few tyre places tomorrow and see where to hire, might even ring National parks aswell and see what they say.

If Josh gets his Nav registered he wont need chains or anything.

Dave.

If Josh gets his Nav registered he wont need chains or anything.

If Josh comes along and leads the way, he'll get to his destination alone, because the only thing followin' that extraordinary piece of engineering is a mountain goat on crack, and there ain't no way in hell I'm ridin' one of those.

^ Lol at that comment.

I cant wait to see that thing in action if Josh decides to go in Tuff Trucks.

Dave.

Maybe, Ill look at my old GPS.

I may have a few photos on it. I am pretty sure it records the coodinates.

Dave.

I`ll throw in my available time and every one can throw in there suggestion.Sat the 11th September onwards for me. As I said earlier don`t wait just for me if every one else are a go.
Cheers Steve

11th of September is sounding good for us too.

Snow chains are $300 a pair and the only place in Newcastle I can get 'em is a bloody ski shop. You'd think these guys have never seen snow. Well, ok, so we haven't, but that shouldn't stop 'em. Anyway, we may not need 'em - September ought to be warming a little, so Polblue should be free of ice and snow.

We're going to get some of those thin beef sausages and some plain white bread so we can have sausage sangas. We'll bring tomato & BBQ sauce, water, milk, Nescafe coffee, English Breakfast tea, sugar, splenda (for any diabetics), ordinary and diet soft drinks.

We'll have one of those butane-powered cooking stoves but will probably have our charcoal-fuelled BBQ as well in case we've got time to set up and cook the sausages the right way.

Sounds good to me, I twisted my ankle last night Grr so I should be good by then.

When I slipped I put my hand down as a natural reaction, so sore wrist to.

Dave.

I was talking to a guy today that knows that area and said "yeah I was there about a month ago and did that in a VL Commodore". By September there shouldn't be any snow, but if there is any it'll be at Polblue and your Navara will not be bothered by it".

He added that we won't need recovery gear and that there are some spectacular places to stop and look around.

Wife and I are both keen. Little doggy hasn't a bloody clue but she'll be with us as well.

Latest posts

Back