Barrington Tops run. Pics added, about 80 or so from page 12.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I live within twenty minutes of Gloucster and am wondering where the trip will end? Am just trying to work out how far I have to get home.

Thanks Shaun

Two choices Shaun.

The entire track ends towards Scone, which is about 120km from Gloucester, much of that on dirt. It should - judging by the maps only, so reality could be wrong - take about 4 hours to get to Scone. That means 4 hours to get back again, for you guys.

The second choice - and I think this one is better for all of us - is that some of us come in from the Scone side in a group, some come in from the Gloucester side in a group, and we go back the way we came or go the other way through depending on how we want to do the trip. Polblue Campground is 2 hours from Gloucester, so that's just 2 hours back for you guys - might be better with the little guys on board.

If the Scone team departs Scone at 10am they should arrive at Polblue at noon, and same for the Gloucester group.

Looks like there might be some that are going to go in with the Gloucester and out towards Scone - really I don't mind which way any of it happens, I'm looking forward to chin-wagging over a sausage sanga at Polblue.

If we call it a day @ 4pm, you guys would be home at around 6:30pm. I think Nevyn (from Forster) may go back with you - makes sense to me.

I'm jelous.I'm hanging to get mine back.repco and super cheap auto do chains and they arnt that expensive but if only getting he for 1 trip hirethem from a ski hire.about 10 bucks a day I think

well ill be coming from sydney so i dont care what way i go in or what way i go out.

All depends where we're all coming from I suppose. If we're going to Polblue in two groups, I'd suggest whoever's going via Scone should meet @ Scone at around 10am unless otherwise arranged - like if there's a few from Maitland, just get together near the lake by Private Trzcsinski (whatever) bridge in that 80km/h zone and head off (that'd be about 8:30am to be in Scone @ 10am).

For those leaving Newcastle in the morning, we could meet at Heatherbrae just north of Hexham over the bridge - perhaps just past the Shell servo on the left (northbound) side of the road. We'd have to leave Heatherbrae @ 8:30am to be in Gloucester @ 10am.

The return trip - in either direction - can be sorted once we're there. My wife and I will do the round trip, because Newcastle -> Scone is only about half an hour more than Newcastle -> Gloucester and seeing new stuff is always nice - but for the mid north coast guys, that's just driving a lot further than needed.

If we're all just going in a single group, we can meet up in either place - leave Heatherbrae at 8:30am (not arrive at that time, but LEAVE then) and LEAVE Gloucester at 10am.

Radio channel is yet to be decided. I think 18 might be a quieter one than 40.

I am happy to go where ever as I know the hunter valley like the back of my hand.

Dave.

To steve4wdin, i live in kenthurst, and i can meet at hetherbrae at 830 that morning, its only about 2 hours from home.

Sounds like a good plan Tony to have two groups and meet at Polblue. That is if somebody from our way knows where to go! Will keep watching to see what we come up with. Is the 11th still the date?

Shaun

Having heard nothing different, I'm assuming it will go like this:

People traveling north can meet at Heatherbrae just north of the Shell servo, and LEAVE AT 8:30am heading for Gloucester.

Arrive at Gloucester just before 10:00am and meet up with those coming from mid-north coast and LEAVE AT 10:00am

Arrive at Polblue for sausage sizzle at around noon.

If some want to do things clockwise, they should organise where to meet so that they can depart Scone @ around 10:00am and arrive at Polblue hopefully at noon.

September 11 it is. Hope there are no jet aircraft or tall buildings around!

I think we'll use UHF Ch 18 so we don't annoy the truckers.

Hey meeting at Scone is probably better as we will be heading back towards home.

Dave.

Everyone's welcome!

Don't forget to bring:

* Folding chairs
* Food
* Non-alcohhoc... alchoco ... alholy ... boozey drinks
* UHF radio if you want to chatter while we're driving (UHF 18)
* Camera

We'll have a pair of those butane stoves, one with a pan for cooking onion and another with a grill for cooking snags. We'll have a loaf of white bread and might have some spare hot dog rolls with us just in case there's a mishap or a senior forgetful moment. We'll also have a bunch of soft drink with us in our 60L Engel.

Don't forget, we're leaving Heatherbrae at about 8:30am and the drive to Gloucester should take us just under an hour and a half, so we can meet the group there and leave at 10:00am.

Last edited:
I am in, will grab stuff at the end of next week.

Will have to buy a new chair though as I broke my other one.

Cheers for the heads up Tony.

Dave.

It was night when I was up there so I didn't get a whole lot of lookin' done, besides, we were looking for snow at the time.

I'll bring some cleaning stuff as well. One thing about those out-in-the-open BBQs, you don't know what's been clambering all over them. I'll stick to using mine ... mainly because they come with us all the time anyway!

Update...

I just spoke with one of the council information people up that way. They've had more snow and National Parks have closed the roads because they're dangerous. I'll be talking with the park rangers themselves during the week to see if the roads are going to be open or not.

Latest posts

Back