Barrington Tops run. Pics added, about 80 or so from page 12.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When there is no snow its a easy run, never been up there in winter though as its bloody cold where I am so I can imagine how cold it will be up there.

Dave.

It snowed last week at Polblue. Everyone I've spoken to about it don't expect any more up that way, but that's no guarantee.

I should do the rounds of the Gloucester Aged Care Centre and ask them, it'd be more accurate than the weather service!

not sure what im doing that wkn yet but sounds good. went up over the june long wkn was cold but not to bad good fire and warm cloths and your fine. i wouldnt worry about chains if its that bad the roads will be closed and you have to go looking for somewhere to actually put it in 4wd

That's 6 vehicles so far, if we can all get there that's not a bad turnout at all.

Don't forget to bring cameras. I'm not sure we can carry enough food or cooking facilities now. Maybe everyone should bring their own food and we just bring a couple of portable BBQs? I'll bring mine, one gas and one charcoal.

Sounds good Tony. We are looking forward to it. Will be good to catch up with you and Helen. Not sure if Woody will make an appearance though, will be a long day.

Shaun

Thats very kind Tony but I don`t think you should have to cater for all of us. We might get used to it lol.It seems we have an abundance of bbqs, maybe if one brings that and some one bring a billy or hot water for coffee etc. I will probably just make up a thermos of coffee and maybe some cakes for a early warm the heart!!!

Well thats 2 3L's so thats good, I cant be expected to tow 4 2.5L's back. Lol.

Dave.

Hey Dave if a shitbox commodore can get through, surely at 2.5 can crawl out. Just bring a couple of snatch straps for "Justin"lol.

Last edited:
count me in if its alright with everyone, i have never taken my ute off road and off road was one of the reasons i bought it, and yes she`s a 2.5...

Anyone's welcome, Ajz!

Just so we could be all sure about it, my wife and I went there this afternoon and we've just gotten back (7 hour round trip with some small diversions). There was snow on the ground just above Polblue and Barrington Track was closed to through traffic - the open part was as muddy as anything, but in 4WD mode with standard Continental tyres on we had no trouble there.

The main track had some slippery spots on it and there are some rather surprising potholes around as well. There are some corners that are sharper than one expects but the entire road could be negotiated in 2WD mode.

We considered the distances involved - its about 2 hours from Gloucester to Polblue, and don't know how far to Scone.*

I'd suggest that we meet at the park just west of the Bowling Club, which is just west of the Mobil service station on the north side of town on the road to Barrington/Scone. Turn left at the roundabout on the north side of town and you will see the Mobil. If we meet there at 10am we'd be at Polblue for lunch.

How's that sound?

Last edited:
ill be coming from sydney so i will make it a weekend trip, probaly drive up the friday night and stay somewhere close and stay saturday night and drive back on the sunday if it is ont the 11th of september. its a good way to meet people with the same interests.

For Friday night you could be anywhere from Newcastle through Raymond Terrace up to Stroud and Gloucester itself, there are a number of B&Bs up that way too.

Saturday night you might want to try Scone/Muswellbrook for the full adventure. From Scone it'd take you about 4 to 4.5 hours to get back home to Sydney but it's sealed road all the way and much of it 100-110km/h.

I'm not a big fan of Muswellbrook once the sun sets. It is, after all, the town where 10 year olds hold up stores and rob them.

Hi,

Im still new to this site but found it great for info on my D22.

Id be very keen to join you guys depending on the date (anything but the 11th/12th of september, planning a proposal that date) if not ill keep a watch for another trip.

It would be great to join other Navara drivers as i have yet to come across any with other trips ive been on.

Be great to have you there, KDA.

11th September was far enough ahead to plan other things around it - it's also less likely to have snow around, which may have caused issues for some of us.

There was snow and ice on the ground last night when we went there, and I had to do a 3-point turn on snow-covered mud because they'd closed the Barrington Track that we wanted to take. It was very thin, and the tyres broke through to the earth beneath very quickly.

It turns out for us that our youngest has a gig at Muswellbrook Workers on 17th, which means we'll be heading off in the van that weekend and the 18th will be out for us but if everyone else wants to go on the 18th that's cool and we can wait for the next run - we don't mind!

We could organise something through Wollombi, which is closer for Sydney people as well. Dave knows the track there, if he can indicate where the track starts and ends, the wife and I will go check it out and see how long it takes, where we can stop for lunch etc. In fact, I am looking forward to a Wollombi run as well, as I've only been through Watagans locally.

Ill keep watching as i really am keen to tag along weather it be Barrington tops, wollombi or any other trips.

I suggested the 11th for two reasons,
1/ Far enough in advance to organise your selves,
2/ The following week I am going into hospital to stop causing tadpoles to get randy!!!

Latest posts

Back