Tail gate lock

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merchant

Reaction score
Hi all, I've just installed a canopy and realized i have no way of locking the tailgate on the D40. Does anyone know if there is anything available to lock the tailgate?

It looks as though there is a recess for a keyed barrel of some sort.

Pommy spec D40's got the tailgate lock.

Check over at Nissan-navara.net and see if you can get the part number and then get it coded to your keys.

Dave.

We have a Carryboy canopy and when its locked the tail gate cant be opened unless the canopy door/window is forced first.

So even if one locked tail gate rear canopy window still get foreced and entry gained. I had thought of putting a couple of padbolts on each side inside the tail gate but haven't bothered.

cya
Graham

P/N 93477-EB325 Easier than I thought. Cost approx $175 from memory but has factory key so can be keyed alike for $10. Too easy.

Parts only. Fitting literally involves 6 screws & one nut. 6 screws on plate on back of tailgate (or is it 8) & one nut which removes plastic bung & bolts in lock. Takes 5 mins tops.
Peter

Thanks Peter, fitting sounds a breeze, I might see how much Garry at [email protected] can supply for.

I note you had yours keyed alike for $10 was this done by the supplier or did you have to take the lock to a Locksmith?

cya
Graham

Took it to a locksmith. Was probably mate's rates but doesn't cost much anyway. Actually took lock back out in the carpark, got it changed & reinstalled there & then.

Hey guys

I have just purchased new Navara D40 a few weeks ago and I also want to install a tailgate lock as my Navara like the Aussie models was manufactured without a lock in the tailgate.

If anyone has any info on how I can go about installing a tailgate lock for my Navara please let me know.

I am from the Caribbean so I need to know if the 93477-EB325 tailgate lock be purchased from the USA as it is easier for me to purchase from the USA.

Your assistance is much appreciated.

Cheers.

Can't help with the part no but the lock itself is a breeze to fit. Have a look inside the tailgate & you'll see it's very straight forward.

Hate to say it but that is a different set up to mine. The shroud around the handle doesn't have the cut out for the lock that mine has. Mechanism for the tailgate release appears different also.
Sorry mate but I may have given you a bum steer.

Hate to say it but that is a different set up to mine. The shroud around the handle doesn't have the cut out for the lock that mine has. Mechanism for the tailgate release appears different also.
Sorry mate but I may have given you a bum steer.

Where did you get the lock from? Nissan over here in WA are trying to charge upwards of $250 plus delivery.

If possible can you post photos of your tailgate lock installation?

Hey mate you have a Thai built truck, the same as me, there is no provision to install a tailgate lock!, you'll have to source the parts needed from a Spanish or U.S truck, but there is no guarantee it will fit, the Thai trucks are so different! but the same if you know what I mean?

I knew this thread was somewhere, just kept forgetting to look for it.

I saw an 08 Nav the other day that over came the non locking tailgate by disabling the actual handle and running a wire through the panel work on the inside of the tailgate so that when the canopy door was lifted the owner could just pull the wire and unlock the tailgate.

It's a bit of a backyard mechanic fix and not as neat as buying the lock but for the cost of a bit of gal wire about 6 inches long and a small hole it's an easy way around no lock and there is no way the tail gate will ever open from the outside with or without the canopy.

Latest posts

Back